Lets talk Hawkbills

Will, I totally understand the motion you are describing... at least, I think I do.
Holding the knife in a forward grip (I'd say not saber, but similar just put them thumb down on your hand), closed hand at a verticle angle/blade sorta straight up, so the point is forward, and then just shooting the hand forward in a thrust, and as the point goes into the target, turn your fist straight down. Dont twist it from side to side, just rotate it from up to down, along the verticle axis?
I would, an dhave before, thought this would be a particularly wicked stroke, and would do a lot of damage... definatly if once in, the blade was just ripped/pulled straight back out again, tearing the wound open more.

I believe the back of the Battle Sickle is sharpened, yes.
And I also think the way you talk of using it, is as Szabo intended it, since ont he site refference is made to its distinctly tomahawk like characteristics, with some supposed advantages (seem to make sense to me.)
Finaly a system that out performs any tomahawk. This weapon is the result of genetic manipulations , by taking the genes of other existing implements, our team of reseachers succesfully spliced the DNA of an ice climbing pick, a dagger, a bolo and a meat hook. Unlike a tomahawk, limited by the size of its head, the battle sickle is one continuous blade ,allowing the weapon to slash thru instead of getting stuck .
A tomahawk is head heavy and has almost the same characteristics of a hammer, making it hard to wield it like a knife, for speed .Also, the handle of a tomahawk is basicaly a straight slick stick, not the best grip design when you re flinging a heavy object in circular motions. The Battle Sickle is designed for ultimate grip retention , ultimate slashing power and speed for a weapon of this kind .The reenforced tip ( a great idea from Mr Bud Nealy) makes the Battle Sickle suitable for any situation in the field, perfect tool against rifles with bayonets and other heavier weapons. Probably the best tool for battles in confined spaces. Move over Dr Frankestein and take your hawk with you , make room for the new era of the Battle sickle
I like it, and the idea's behind it... would be a very devastating CQB weapon.
However the like $800 price tag, puts it way out of my range...
(Its probably be hard to carry around with ya too ;))

Originally posted by jim_l_clifton
Satin,
Fixed blade ,check out Chilian Special Forces,they carry a
type of hawk called a CORVO!
jim

Anybody know where I can find a picture?

ba02052.jpg

Found this on Blade-Art a few minutes ago, its made by Fred Perrin.
Traditional almost, but with a one hand opener... good looking, and has one of those nice safe blades without a point, that cant hurt anybody. :rolleyes: ;)
haha

Satin that is exactly what I meant. I also have to agree with you about the price on the sicle. If it was say $300 I might get one. Another knife from them I wouldn't mind having is the UUK. I bet it would be an awesome weapon with the right training. Oh if you havn't checked out there vid. clips I think you should.

Guys,
Please forgive the numerous posts on the CORVO subjest, wasn't trying to be a smart***, computor went s mok!!
jim

No worries man... I knew what'd happened and didnt think you were being a smart-arse. (the software decided it was an MP-5 instead of a Colt SAA ;))

Back