Let's talk Northwoods

Nice slip, sweet stabilized covers (although I did get cart napped once), excellent fit and finish, great job KSF and GEC!

northwoodsmammothsignaljack-1.jpg

northwoodsmammothsignaljack-2.jpg

My two arrived today. I missed the Mammoth I wanted, thought my second choice was going to be the jigged bone, but panicked at the last minute and got the micarta as well. Now I'm stuck with two....oh no...the horror! I normally regret my impulse buying, I think I'm ok with it this time. Both have great walk and talk. Only thing I find less than perfect is that the spring is a little proud on both in both positions, but it's not something that bother's me on a Northwoods. I always kind of feel like their esthetic is rough finish. I didn't think I'd like the red micarta, but it reminds me of red coral used in Native American jewelry and is growing on me by the minute!
IMG_3274(3).jpg

View attachment 1169003 View attachment 1169002

Cocobolo checking in!

Nice one Chief Chief !

Travman Travman , I knew you were going to get a Cocobolo Travis! I have read your comments lamenting the lack of wood covers on recent Northwoods. I thought of you as soon as I saw the Cocobolo option. The wood works very well in this set up doesn't it? You have a great one. Congrats!

Last edited:
I admit I only spent 1/100th of a second when choosing and buying, so I really didn't know how this one looked until it arrived today in my mailbox. Very happy, it has great character in the bone. Fit and Finish are perfect, as always.
(image removed)

Last edited:
Are these a tad smaller than the Ram's Foot? KSF's specs show it being a tiny bit smaller than the Ram's Foot specs.

First time poster here, figured I’d make it a helpful one! I received my Burnt Sienna Northwoods today and it is identical (other than some aesthetics) to my GEC 93 with the same cover. Same size handle/blade/overall length. I actually wished I had gotten an Appaloosa bone only because the one I ordered is basically the same knife as the Ram GEC I have that came out a week or two ago.

Last edited:
First time poster here, figured I’d make it a helpful one! I received my Burnt Sienna Northwoods today and it is identical (other than some aesthetics) to my GEC 93 with the same cover. Same size handle/blade/overall length. I actually wished I had gotten an Appaloosa bone only because the one I ordered is basically the same knife as the Ram GEC I have that came out a week or two ago. Anyone want to trade for the Appaloosa?

Same blade? I’m not sure about that.

Back