Libations worthy of the Hinderer Herd....

Nothing better than a beer, a smoke, and a coupla Hinderers! I love beers of all kinds from ice cold basic lagers to 10%+ alc barley wines and Belgian styles. This was a new beer from a local brewer aged in Scotch barrels called Radical Road Canny Man .
photocig.jpg

This is Unibroue Maudite from Quebec, I think t is available in parts of the U.S.:)
wo0t.jpg

I like to enjoy some other things nature has to offer when i like to relax ;)...rubi, you gotta use good OJ man!! Floridas natural baby! Haha...believe it or not bro, i have never tried kettle one! I think ill grab a bottle. Ill probly get boo'd but who likes soco 100 proof?! Anyone??! Lol. I like mt dew w cheaper vodka...once i hit 30 ill probly grow right out of that. Soda has done enough damage!!

Iv always wanted to try crystal skull, i heard thats dan ackroyds vodka? Or chevy chase? Cant remember. Awesome looking bottle, but someone once told me your only paying for the bottle and the vodka isnt all that good? Ill have to try that sometime too.

Cool thread bro, lets keep it goin!! Pics once i get my hinderers back from the ranch!! :)

Have a great day fellas!

frag friday?

little woodford for N2k :very_drunk:, unfortunately i'm almost out, but a nice little 23yr old guatamalan rum will keep me company afterwards. The robusto will be going to a new home soon ;)

Never could get a taste for vodka. tried chopin, three olives, belvedere, grey goose, some weird russian ones(not stolichnaya).

If anyone has access to Bookers, please drink some for me. Had some a few months ago, and i really liked it, but it was the only time i've ever seen it :(

Last edited:
^^^excellent, thanks.

Woodford is just my go-to. I do enjoy Bookers as well, but like I already mentioned...I don't drink a whole lot so only keep a few bottles on hand. I'm never without, but not nearly as stocked as I was in college.

email sent your way deathbyfire

^^^excellent, thanks.

Woodford is just my go-to. I do enjoy Bookers as well, but like I already mentioned...I don't drink a whole lot so only keep a few bottles on hand. I'm never without, but not nearly as stocked as I was in college.

While i do love single malts, bourbons i feel are much harder to get out here due to a lack of market. Koreans seem to love blends like ballentines or johnny walker because of the "name". I've found single malts have their place here for those generally over 30. But the bourbon selection is scarce, so i try to ask friends/acquaintances/whomever to bring me a bottle or two from duty free.

I love a good single malt or bourbon at night when winding down. I'm not normally a rum drinker, but this rum is a new favorite. If any of you get a chance to try Zacapa 23yr, it'll surprise you in that it's a rum.

Maprik - You are correct - The whole PNW is heavenly for micro brews.
My faves from down south are Deschutes and Pelican.
If you ever visit Vancouver BC make sure to visit The Alibi Room - the owner Nigel does an amazing
job selecting brews and there are always 2-3 "caskers" which are basically a limited edition keg of the week.
Salud!

Dude I live in Portland!!!! This is artisan beer heaven....

As an experiment (Graduation Party this past weekend) bought a Large bottle of Evan Williams (Kentucky Bourbon) I thought I remembered reading something about it once upon a time, couldn't remember if it was good or bad but I did remember it was an adamant opinion so, I rolled the dice.
Wow, was I pleasantly surprised. It must have been positive (what I read) because is this stuff smooth and inexpensive! I was amazed.
Everyone I shared it with was dumbfounded (except for those who said, Oh yeah! I buy that all the time)
So, Evan Williams :thumbup:

My Woodford "preference" came about after trial and error. I was a cigar guy and the sweet flavor of Woodford complimented many a premium cigar. Then, I thought to place it in the freezer...now a bottle is always in my freezer! Delicious.

I steer away from both the well and the upper-most shelf, but keep an open mind. I've "sampled" pretty much everything in this thread so far, aside from some of the beers, and confess to have no absolute favorite drink...just my current likes.

I was always admirous of the main character in one of my favorite vacation read(s) series " Stone Barrington" former Cop turned Lawyer but his redeeming quality was he drank Knob Creek (exclusively) on the rocks Period. How simple is that, at least that part of life.
Walks into his favorite haunts and they just bring him a Knob Creek So, my Fathers Day gift to myself - I bought a bottle of the Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve. Very nice stuff, I can see why he drinks it. I was disappointed that it wasn't a cork.
I just think something special or high quality should have a cork.
I forgot to put it in the freezer (N2K) but will remedy that later.

BrightB-
You are in fine shape with that list - several worthy of "Favorite" status
Woodford
Blantons (pricey)
Knob Creek
Makers Mark
Evan Williams (Bargain)
Four Roses
Elijah Craig
ALL the ones I can vouch for and with Strong enthusiasm.
I have heard good things about others on that list but have not personally tasted them. Now, tastes vary but, I go for smoothness and a pleasing flavor in a Bourbon. I do not like strong, bitey or smokey flavors.
Hope that helped :)

Thanks RubiconSS! that helps. I'll be grabbing a coupla bottles over the next few weeks to try.

Bill

If they sell small bottles, buy a random sample and do your own taste test. Certainly Woodford and Evan Williams should be in there as representatives of the top and bottom of the price scale (Blantons is good but simply over priced IMO) then maybe something in the middle of those (not sure how your price structure works let alone the metric system :))
As an aside, I have always been a Crown Royal fan (Yeah Canada!) After High School and before College I went to find myself by living and working on the docks in Canada for a year before shuffling off to Penn State (I wager I learned more in the year preceding College) but that is another story for another time.

Nice picture J 81 just came in from Saturday lawn chores, that picture is soooo inviting! You captured a Perfect summer day backyard picture in our neck of the woods. Think I'll grab a cold one!

Back