LIFE.

I spoke with you and Jerry on the phone less than two wks ago.. and "secured" a gorgeous new Whiskey Warden. Was very nice to meet both of you.
(I love the knife, BTW...thanks to you and Jerry)
It's particularly tough taking care of parents when they get out of the hospital...she may be "coming down" from the various meds that they fed her while in there. Cancer is sure to cause tremendous worry in a patient's head...whether the doc says they "got it all" or not. Her continued "worry" is not surprising...I would be a train-wreck under similar circumstances.
I hope she will get better soon and give you some peace (and sleep) also.
She is so very fortunate to have a daughter like you.
May God bless you and your family.
don d. aka sonnydaze
Thank you so very much. It has been a journey but we will get through it. Much Love to you (SO happy you LOVE the knife)
XoXo
Amy-0

All the best for your mum Amy. I hope she bounces back from the hospital experience quickly. Her behaviour certainly sounds like something to do with the drugs she would have been given. It can take anywhere from a couple of weeks to a few months for that stuff to get out of your system. I know this because I'm experiencing it myself atm. :)
We love you Rob!!!!!
Amy and Troy

Amy, like I told you when I spoke to you on the phone a while back--you have to take care of YOU first. Don't feel like the World rests entirely upon your shoulders.

Prayers inbound for strength and healing, for ALL of you.

All the best for you and your family Amy!

For morale boost, and diversifying her interests, you probably should set your mum as online friend of Rob's...
She might start playing guitar (and join a band) or explore her take on visual arts...

Definitely rest up as best you can. Being a caregiver will wear out even the strongest individuals both emotionally, and physically. Keeping you and yours in my thoughts, love rising from PA!

Sis you and your mama are in my thought's. You know where I'm at if you need anything. Please send my love.

I have never had the pleasure to speak to you Amy. But I wish you and your parents the best of health.

Amy, it's rough when you're the primary caregiver and your parent gives ya a hard time-- whatever the reason. :(

I went through the same thing with my Dad.

You're gonna need a lot of help either from family who are able or pros who work in the home health care field or it's gonna wear you out. You don't have to be tough all the time and don't be too proud to ask <beg> for help. If you go down the whole ship sinks. You've GOT TO have some help and relief. It's not only for you but in your Mother's best interest too. Don't wait.

Just wanted to give an update. My Mom is doing so much better. The Drs (All 5 thousand of them lol) think it was a combination of the sedation, sleep deprivation and being off her meds because of the surgery. We appreciate all the prayers, support and LOVE All of you have given us. We had an early morning appointment today with her surgeon this morning and they took out all of her staples (That turned out to be 2 hours) but my Mom is “Our Mom” again. While we were waiting and they were doing all the work on her my Dad and myself had some really funny moments. While the nurses were taking out the gazillions of staples and stiches she was so sweet to them. When they left the room she was like “Amy, look at the wound does it look right? Amy, what do you think it looks like?” I told her simply,” I am not a nurse but it looks good?” I said “Why don’t you ask the Dr and the nurses?” “I don’t want to be a bad patient” Dad and myself just chuckled to ourselves. I said you “You are on not a bad patient” “In my vast medical experience you are an alien because you have no belly button anymore” She started laughing, Dad started laughing and the nurses laughed as well. She is aware of the some of the things that she did (I really hope that she does not remember everything) I wish I could hit a switch and erase it but I know she did not mean it. She has another appointment soon like in 30 minutes (I am in my old room, now my Dads computer room) typing this and just keep smiling. Why I am smiling? Because I cannot wait to get to get back to work at wonderful Busseland. I made a cheesecake for Boss man Jerry and I am hoping once this appointment is done I can get over there but it just depends on how long it takes. Jerry Busse, my parents say Happy Birthday and they hope I can get back to work soon. My Dad says this “Are you sure you want her back?” she is very bossy and NEVER MAKES me CHEESECAKES (I swear my Dad is JERRY in 50 years LOL)

Thanks again and to the Busse Crew I will do my best to see later today but I hope to see you all real soon.

XOXO

Amy

Great news !! :) Glad to hear all is going well :)

If they ever figure out how to overnight AMY cheesecake, the hogs are doomed

True friends are a blessing , and are few and far between. Taking care of aging parents with cancer is one of the hardest things to go through, and as much as you love them, it still takes its toll on you.
My prayers go up that Christ give you the peace that only He can give, and the strength to do what has to been done. Hang in there Amy

Back