Lion Steel "Roundhead" Euro-Barlow

Was just looking the reserve is closed so from those with experience dealing with CK does this mean it will be very soon we should get our emails? I am little disappointed it is closed was hoping to get and set aside the funds tomorrow and updating my reserve to Sure but when I last checked it was still a green option.
I know that this tip toes on the line, regarding talking about sales of knives, but I am not going to state any locations, pricing, or otherwise. I hope that this is acceptable since it is honestly talking about how a company operates and not locations, pricing, or other particulars.
@knarfeng
Frank, please let me know if this is over the line.
------
P PirateSeulb
There were no options that were closed due to being [RED]! Locked. Basically how it works is once they are set with their orders, and starting to ramp up the packaging for shipment, they lock the "pre-order" system, which is where they are at now.

When I looked earlier today (around noon eastern), they were still open and there were two yellow, and two red. This means that the remaining stock (the ones that were not claimed via pre-order), will likely be offered as a "stock" item it until they sell through.

That being said, I am Very happy that they started to gain a head of steam. I think that folks were reading this thread, and seeing the developments. Once things started to look like they were going to be available in a relatively short time, they were convinced to jump on the wagon.

Last edited:
How about a poor teaser shot from the factory showing the options...
CK01s.jpg

That Rams Horn looks Sick! Can I have that one in particular?
I will make it easy on you, I am Probably the only "William" from NJ that preordered a Rams Horn.
;):D

Is the stag blade acid etched?
I am thinking that it is just due to a reflection of a tree or a dark cloud. The others are polished, and it didn't say anything about etching on any particular models. On top of that, they had some delays and I don't think they would want to add to them by adding in an impromptu step in the manufacturing process this late in the game.

It does look good like that, though I would like it on the CF model. This way it would match a bit.

All are gorgeous, home run on the looks Mike! I was most looking forward to the stag, but is it just me or is the red tint to the wood absolutely stunning?

Beautiful! I'm hoping this opens up a whole line of traditional-ish folders from LionSteel.

All are gorgeous, home run on the looks Mike! I was most looking forward to the stag, but is it just me or is the red tint to the wood absolutely stunning?
I was thinking it didnt really look like cocobolo wood from that photo, but I guess we shall see how it turns out. That wood does vary.

I was thinking it didnt really look like cocobolo wood from that photo, but I guess we shall see how it turns out. That wood does vary.

Thanks Jeff! It is actually Palo Santo wood, which I have no experience with; when I searched it looked mostly lighter than the red above.

I think they had to switch to another wood a while back due to import taxes or something. I don't recall exactly, but it's earlier in the thread.

I think they had to switch to another wood a while back due to import taxes or something. I don't recall exactly, but it's earlier in the thread.
Yes tdkfm I think your right it was something to do with a change in the cost do to import tax. I was wondering what the Palo Santo wood was going to look like. From the first one it looks pretty cool to me. :cool::thumbsup: I'm glad I kept my reservation the same. Though all the different versions look amazing!!:eek::D

Not a tax, cocobolo / ebony got added to CITES and exponentially added to the complications of moving them into the U.S.

That pic makes me super excited. I ordered the rams horn and abolone originally and then added the CF sometime last month.

That rams horn in the pic looks amazing.

That pic makes me super excited. I ordered the rams horn and abolone originally and then added the CF sometime last month.

That rams horn in the pic looks amazing.
Looks like it has some blue in it. I wonder if that is some of the grey bleeding through the translucent horn.

I am digging these.

They look great hope I am able to get one wasn't certain I could secure the funds until this evening and the reserve had been locked. NJBillK NJBillK I had setup a "reserve" for the option just below the one with a purchase obligation. I had it set for the Stag option which was green when I last looked knifeswapper knifeswapper maybe send a reminder of last chance to change reserve maybe something like 4 hours before it gets closed/locked in for the future. I could be the only one thinking that is a good idea though lol.

Back