LionSteel Hest 2.0

A minor point, Sonnydaze, I 'gave' what I hoped would be helpful hints. They were learned from previous experiences with Benchmades and Zero Tolerance knives. I likened the HEST to CR knives, too - sort of. They never, if my StarTac 'zaan and plain small Sebbie are indicative, need adjustments 'out of the box'. I guess the HEST is closer to ZTs on that matter. The SR-1 Ti, if my Blade Show purchase is representative, is more CR knife like - as it should be for the price.

Of course, a ball bearing race, a la my ZT 0561, takes pivot screw tightness out of the equation, for the most part.

Stainz

Just ordered my 2.0 this week and it's supposed to be delivered in the mail tomorrow , I can't wait. :D

Mine was stiff in the beginning too but at this point it's really smooth and enjoyable. I put it on par with my strider sng, maybe even better considering the rotoblock and wave type feature. And I scored it for $150 brand new.

Now for that sr1 in the future...

What's the difference between the v1 v2 and triple black other than serrations I have a sterile v1 and lookin hard at the t3 but not sure if it's worth an extra 100 just for serrations

The t3 has niolox steel.

Hest 2 is d2.

I think serations are good for cordages.

I much prefer the green on the hest 2 though, does anyone have both, do the scales interchange?

Dammit, I have to wait until next month to get one and this thread is not helping at all:p
Especially issues picture is making my hand twitch towards the "buy" button :thumbup:

How does everyone carry their Mr. DP tool ? I plan on carrying mine as a necklace

After all the raving about this HEST 2.0, I finally pulled the plug and bought one last night. Should have it hopefully by this weekend. Can't wait!

Also love the HEST 2.0

I actually just removed the roto-lock all together. Sorry guys but its a stupid feature. A regular lockbar stabilizer would be fine. I found that the roto lock kept "roto-locking" itself and it was annoying.

Also, after several hundred blade deployments mine still occasionally suffers from sticky lock. After a while it smooths away and becomes easy to disengage- and then the blade travels further down the lock face and becomes sticky again. Could have benefited from carbidizing or even lionsteel's lockbar insert, similar to the one on the SR-1

overall great knife for $200

I much prefer the green on the hest 2 though, does anyone have both, do the scales interchange?

Supposedly the knives are exactly the same dimensions. So probably.

I am kind of the other way around. I love the black on the T3 but hate the serrations.

hello guys,

i'm interested with hest folder 2.0, but a little shock after see there is no liner at the g10 side. do you think that g10 structure without liner is safe?

The Strider SNG is designed the same way...so you shouldn't have any concerns......

The G10 is pretty thick and solid, I wouldn't worry about it. If you manage to break it, you should've used a fixed blade :D

And I thought I got the only lefty 2.0 :)

I took mine apart, and sanded the G10, it was a bit too abrasive. The blade finish does seem to collect marks, but I've had mine for a few weeks and cut a lot of stuff, and the blade finish looks almost polished now.

Nope, I've got one too! I think it's pretty awesome of a company to think of us southpaws.

Got one coming in a trade. Very excited to try it out. Really drooling over that red SR1 right now.

My left handed 2.0

20130225_201849.jpg
[/IMG]

And yeah, It's built like a tank. Don't worry about them only having G-10 on the one side. And the rotoblock really does make it feel solid. Keeping the glass breaker.

Just got mine. Really like the size and weight. Feels solid but not to heavy like my ZT 550 did. Undecided on the roto block, might remove that. Overall a really cool knife and will be my go to camping/outdoorsy folder to compliment by Becker.

Ordered my very own DPX GEAR HEST 2.0 T3 (Triple Black Stealth Limited Edition Titanium) Folder. Looking forward to it and all the added features which make it a true gadget. I like the all blacks with partial serrations. I'll post photos once I get it alongside my ZT 0300ST, Emerson Commander and LionSteel PM-1 (no serration unfortunately). I'd like to see a LionSteel SR-1 in all-black with serrations!

Back