LITTLE HAND FORGING TODAY, Hmmmmm FOR-SALE NOW

I've never seen a Damascus knife with hamon. Is there such a thing? That would sure give Bill a working out.

hell no there no such thing lol
. . . BA, I have a "few" years on you, and one thing I have learned in that time span was, "Never to say never" on anything . . . . ;)
All of us on this great forum have followed yours & Chris's great work for a few years now, & I think if there was just the slightest possible hint of putting a hamon on some of the "D" steel, you two would be the ones who would figure it out . . . . :thumbup:
"IF", and I say "IF", the laws of science would allow it . . . .
But daym, would that be something cool to have . . . :D
Be safe.

Ok, who's paying for the damascus hmmmmm? Ill try it? :confused:
Hey Wilson, he's going to try it? I've got first dibs on it. I would like one wih a thick 6" blade with some of your box elder handles w/ 3 Mosaic pins and a lanyard hole Mr. Akers!!

That's a sweet looking forged knife. That finger guard especially speaks to me. Love it.

Hey Wilson, he's going to try it? I've got first dibs on it. I would like one wih a thick 6" blade with some of your box elder handles w/ 3 Mosaic pins and a lanyard hole Mr. Akers!!

It's all yours Bones. I think Bill said he would need enough Damascus for at least 4 or 5 attempts. Just to make sure it's right. :D

Come on Wilson. Step up to the plate and we'll chip in and buy some Damascus for Bill to play with. Then we could both get one so no one has bragging rights about who got the first one.

I was going to let you go first, that way all the R & D cost is covered.
Then after I see your knife I could think up something to top it.

What are you laughing about? You're the one who's going to be standing there beating the hell out of it. Wilson and I are going to split the cost of the steel. If it's $200 tell him it was $300 and you and I will split the difference.

You guys put me in the middle,all i can do is try, the turnout?uhhhh well i dont know, if its shit whos gonna buy it??

good luck

you'll want to use random damascus because the pattern ends up different on each side of the temper line

If you really think it would work well and look good; I'll work out something with you on the steel.

Back