• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

~LNIB Benchmade Bailout $120

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up for sale is a Benchmade Bailout that I got recently for some RockScale Design titanium scales. I.e. this knife has been disassembled! I couldn't sort out the alignment and neither could RSD with the scales. I got a second copy and that worked perfectly. So, if you are thinking of picking up this knife with the same intent, you may want to reconsider. That said, the knife is great otherwise. Factory edge, never carried, centered blade, etc.

I'd like to keep this to US buyers only. Price includes PayPal fees and shipping.

Price: $120SOLD (includes shipping and PayPal fees, i.e. send via Goods and Services)

Last edited:
Hello,

Interested in the Bailout and I'm in the continental USA (Colorado). Any blade play in any direction?

Hello,

Interested in the Bailout and I'm in the continental USA (Colorado). Any blade play in any direction?

Yes. First, there is no up/down blade play, rock solid there.

However, though there is a fair amount of side to side blade play.

I haven't used a Bugout (similar construction) before, but given how small the washers are and how flimsy (for lack of a better word) the handles are, I am not sure if this is just par for the course. Just doesn't seem like it could have no side to side without better handles.

I have a Bugout (similar construction) that is free of blade play, yet drops freely. I know this is probably a rare occurrence lol. Any idea if the side to side play can be eliminated by tightening the pivot? Do not need to knife to drop shut, just shut haha

I have a Bugout (similar construction) that is free of blade play, yet drops freely. I know this is probably a rare occurrence lol. Any idea if the side to side play can be eliminated by tightening the pivot? Do not need to knife to drop shut, just shut haha

The good news, yes it can be eliminated.

Though to do so, you have to tighten it to a point that IMO is probably a bit too tight. Yes you can open/close the knife, but it is much stiffer than I'd expect an axis lock knife to perform.

If you are ok with a bit of side to side (which admittedly isn't the worst thing), you can have a knife that closes a bit easier. Just need to back off the pivot a hair, not much room for error on this knife.

Gotcha. Blade play does bother me, so I'll hold off. I probably shouldn't be into Benchmades then :) lol. Thanks for your time

I have 3 Bugouts and a Bailout (and a bunch of other Benchmades) and the blade play is the same on all of them when adjusted for drop close action. I think the seller is overly cautious with his description. Benchmades all use brass washers so to have a drop shut action, there will always be slight blade play but usually imperceptible. Once they break in, you can readjust for even less blade play. It's even less noticeable when it's locked open.

I don't know the seller but I do like both Bugout and Bailout knives. It's also a great price for a Bailout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back