• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Long Blade Regrinds?

Infi-del

Gold Member
Anyone offering professional regrinds on longer blades? I have a Swamp Rat Free Rein that I just picked up. I like the size and idea of the blade. But it's just terribly balanced for what it is. It's really more of a brute chopper than an actual sword. I feel a full flat grind would improve it's handling quite a bit. As I never intend to hammer it through anything (as Busse Kin are typically built to do) I think it could stand to go on a diet. Pic for reference... but this is my sword.

IMG_0339.jpeg

Are you intending on keeping the fuller< it will look shallower if the primary goes all the way back to the spine.

David Mary David Mary often does regrinds on Buskin family of blades. Maybe he might take you up on it?
He could give you better advise too

Me personally, I'd probablly sell it if it's not your cup of tea..... If you stick another few hundred into a regrind, you still might not be happy, and it's modified.
could almost buy another fancy sword that is often see here at a certain subforum..... they are under 2k

I'd sell it. As soon as you modify it you are flipping a coin on its secondary market value.

I feel like I should offer a more complete answer: sending it to me in Canada is going to involve paying customs fees to cross the border and while I can definitely give it geometry that will do what you want the sheath fit is going to be messed up necessitating a new sheath as well and by the time you have paid for the shipping, customs fees, regrind, new sheath, and return shipping you’ll be wondering why you didn’t just have me make a sword in the first place, which could have been more than funded by selling that piece as is.

Back