Looking few new knife, manix2, or zt562, osborne 940 no go

Okay, so I am new to this forum but wanted some input. I am in the market to purchase another high end EDC blade. The only knife I have that I paid over 50 dollars for currently is a zt566bw. I absolutely love this knife's feel in hand, but am looking for something that does not have assisted opening.

My first attempt to an alternative blade was a benchmade 940 g10. I really liked the action on it but the blade was not centered when I got it and the blade had way to much play side to side. I tried tweaking the scales and centuring the blade but I could not get it right. Back to the seller it went. Sorry, but I can get a heck of a lot better blade I think for 170 bucks.

So currently, I am looking at a zt562 in g10 or cf or maybe a manix2 g10. Weight is not much of a concern, it is more comfort in pocket and useability. I am leaning towards a 562 because I love my 566, I somehow think the Spyderco wont do it for me. I may even wait until shotshow because i am hoping they will release a 562 in blackwash. Just looking for some input these knives or anything else anyone wants to add. Thanks!

The ZT0562CF is a top seller for very good reason. I do not think you would be disappointed with it!

Honestly, I would wait and see what new stuff ZT is coming out with next week at SHOT.

Latest and greatest and all that jazz.

Great knives but different. I own both and love both. If you like the 566 my guess is you'll love the 562.

That is where I am leaning. How is the m390 steel for sharpening? I had a heck of a time sharpening the Elmax on my worksharp guided sharpening stones. I ended up buying the ken onion electric sharpener. Absolutely no regrets there. That 566 slices through paper like nothing now! Jist wondering if m390 is easier to get an edge on.

Knifecenter has a manix2 with carbon fiber handle and Crueware blade steel . Check it out great knife and cheaper than you other option . The ZT is probably the best knife in your list but the knifecenter Manix is a sprint run for a great price .

Knifecenter has a manix2 with carbon fiber handle and Crueware blade steel . Check it out great knife and cheaper than you other option . The ZT is probably the best knife in your list but the knifecenter Manix is a sprint run for a great price .

^This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get the ZT! It feels more than tough enough to do all the daily edc work you would need to do and just slices through cardboard like a dream. Once broken in, it free drops down smoothly. The lockup is pretty damn solid aswell, a couple times i tried spinewhacking alittle (just for fun and curiosity, don't bash me please) the lockbar never budged and remained solid as ever.

Sent from the BatComputer

Why not deassist the 0566? I've done it to two with great success...smooth action, centered blades, and flip well.

I did have my 566 deassisted and it did flip good. I just wasn't too happy with the retention of the blade when closed. It was a little too loose for my liking so I put the torsion bar back in.

Why not get both. The 562 is one ZT's best and the Manix 2 is just an awesome knife. Both are great edc's

I feel like for that price range the spyderco sage could fall in well for a "little big knife". The blade is only 3" but like most spyderco's with leaf blades it looks and feels (in use, not by weight) like a bigger knife.

The manix 2 is a great knife with good quality but the action is a bit "different" than most I've used. If you haven't handled one the feel is much different than the axis lock. The best I can say is the axis feels smooth and kind of like it has a gradient when unlocking the blade and the manix is like an on/off and has a stiff spring. The manix's lock does make it feel incredibly solid.

I'm not much of a ZT fan solely based on looks, same with a lot of spydercos. I do really like the kizer knives I've purchased so far, the nomad and beglieter. The begleiter was kind of my "I want a 940 but not the price tag right now... and it doesn't fit my hand well but it's so pretty."

If "comfort in pocket" is a discerning attribute in your next knife, the Manix 2 -- while comfortable in hand and during use -- is a bit of a pocket hog when carried inside your front pocket. It's height makes it lay wide when clipped. Just something to note.

I would encourage you, at some point, to give the 940 another try. Carries slim and packs a ton of blade length into the handle (great blade:handle ratio). Just grab one off the Exchange here and ask the seller about centering, blade play, action, etc. before committing to buy :)

Good luck in your choice!

you are in the same position I was. the first knife I bought was the zt 566cf. I loved it but it also started the knife bug for me,so I started l shopping for that next knife I decided on the manix 2. based soley on the reason it was so different from the zt knives and it was cheaper than the pm2. you honestly cannot go wrong with your choices. the manix 2 is incredible, now I know why so many people love spyderco. the only problem is it does not satisfy my knife addiction it only made it worse.

ZT 562, no contest, great knife, checks every box, Steel, Blade, Handle, the only thing I dont like is the way too deep carry clip

The ZT is a solid choice. I love my 0562cf. I don't have the Manix, so I have no comparative opinion, I can only speak to the ZT's excellence. Smooth, enjoyable action, is visually impressive; it has a high degree of show off factor. But it backs that form up with top-shelf function: the steel, the materials used, the quality of the build (haven't had an uncentered ZT yet with a sample size of 7) as well as ZT's backing. It's a great purchase, for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a tough call. Both the Manix2 and 562cf fit my hand like a glove. The ZT is definitely more "Badass", but I think the Manix2 is a much better cutting tool. FWIW I rarely carry my 0562cf, but I have 7 Manix's and use them ALL them time. A few different lightweights are stored around my life for easy access. Being that the you like your 566 so much, the 0562 is a very safe bet, but you'd be missing out on the supreme utility and arguably better all arounder that is the Manix2.

My main concern with the manix 2 is how well does it fit in your pocket? Is it really that noticable in your pocket? I am refering to how much the spine of the blade sticks out. I will eventually end up with both probably.

Back