Looking for a (legal) knife recommendation

I live in western NY and can't say as there's any issue here with lengths. As far as I remember it's illegal to carry a dirk, dagger or stilletto with the intent to use it illegally. That leaves a lot open to interpretation, and I believe the burden of proof falls on the carrier. A quick google search of knife laws by state shows what you can and can't have... I myself used to carry a paramilitary 2 when employer restrictions kept me from carrying a fixed blade. (No longer an issue since I'm now self employed). Just don't be flashing a blade around where you might garner unwanted attention. We're just shy of loosing our ccw permits over overdo library books here in the people's republic, I'd just as soon they not take a notion to come after knives next

As I understand it, in NYC a knife needs to be fully concealed including the pocket clip, otherwise you can be charged as a public menace, or some such rot as that. Perhaps someone can clarify this or correct me if I'm wrong. As for me, if I absolutely had to go to NYC (the very thought turns my blood to water) I would drop a slip joint in my pocket.

I found out WE knives make a couple slip joints: the gentry & the scamp. They look really unique but at $178-$188 I am unsure if that price tag is enough to entice people to buy them. I know that its scaring me off from pulling the trigger on buying one.

Not sure if anyone has recommended it, but AG Russell always has a nice selection of traditional slip joint folders for super reasonable prices. I haven't handled any of his folders, but we have a few of his fixed blades about the place and if they're anything like those I'd say you'd be hard pressed to find any better quality for the price

As I understand it, in NYC a knife needs to be fully concealed including the pocket clip, otherwise you can be charged as a public menace, or some such rot as that. Perhaps someone can clarify this or correct me if I'm wrong. As for me, if I absolutely had to go to NYC (the very thought turns my blood to water) I would drop a slip joint in my pocket.
This is my understanding as well. I usually remove pocket clips and pocket carry, often with a leather slip to protect the knife from keys, coins and lint. I did have a friend get some unwanted law enforcement attention when a pocket clip was exposed. If you order the Wasp, a small metal cap can be requested to fill the slot in the scales where the clip is attached. I requested one after the knife arrived and Lubo was on the spot quickly and sent one out to me the same day. Great service!

Back