• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Looking for an Emerson approved "Waver"

Basically it is as it sounds. I am looking for someone who Emerson has approved to wave my paramilitary 2 in an attempt to fully customize it. I was wondering

Who does it?
How much it will cost?
How it will look on a Paramilitary 2?

I am looking for an Emerson approved waver though since I plan to take photos after all the custom work is done and I don't want legality to be called into play. I have heard that in the past he let certain people do the wave feature as a mod (like STR who no longer does it sadly) and I am hoping there are others out there with at least some pictures.

Any information will be helpful. Custom handles by John Grismso. Low Rider Clip by STR and possibly a nice Patina.

Also on a side note. How much does a M390 paramilitary2 run?

I have never heard of Emerson personally approving people to modify knives for the wave. I know he licenses the wave out. Having said that, Charlie Mike is probably the most well known person on these forums that mods knives for the sole purpose of waving them.

I have never heard of Emerson personally approving people to modify knives for the wave. I know he licenses the wave out. Having said that, Charlie Mike is probably the most well known person on these forums that mods knives for the sole purpose of waving them.

I heard the issue came up once on the USN forum and someone produced a private email and ernest verfied it. Well that is great news that someone does it! Charlie Mike is his name on here or does he have a screen name?

P.S. Your awesome for fast response

Last edited:
Charlie Mike is his user name here.

Ahhh thanks alot!!!! Also I noticed you moved the thread. Thanks, I couldn't think of where to post this!
I left him a comment. Now to see if I can wave my Paramilitary then see if I can get a M390 Paramilitary and wave it as well.

I have a feeling he will reply soon since he's viewing this thread.

Another mod moved your post btw. I don't have that kind of jurisdiction outside of the subforum I moderate.

Ahh Its a miracle!!! I was wondering How much it would cost to wave my paramilitary. I am in an attempt to fully modify my paramiltary (custom scales low rider possibly a patina made from stuff in the fridge and a wave) I find i am in need of a "waver" How much would it cost and what would it look like upon completion. I am truly making my EDC mine

You don't want a lowrider clip on a waved knife. I find it is optimal to have at least 1" of butt sticking out above the pocket line as well as a short lanyard. If not, you may end up flinging your knife across the room.

You don't want a lowrider clip on a waved knife. I find it is optimal to have at least 1" of butt sticking out above the pocket line as well as a short lanyard. If not, you may end up flinging your knife across the room.

Trust me I have learned about that the hard/fun way. First time I tried it I hit a balloon behind me. people thought I did on purpose which was nice. the low rider is for when I carry tip down. when I wave I use a tip up or I drop carry (always have a Chris Reeves style coil lanyard tied on) I just switch up my carry a lot.

[video=youtube;2TWCbd3_sCI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TWCbd3_sCI[/video]

[video=youtube;2TWCbd3_sCI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TWCbd3_sCI[/video]

I like to drop carry mine. I was taught the best way to use a knife is to never let the person see it until its being pulled out of them by the mortition. I keep mine in my pocket and walk with my hands in my pocket. and it comes out in reverse If SHTF. I enjoy the feature for self defense. But I use a low rider clip for when I have to casually pull it out but I prefer for my knife to be "hidden" at all times. out of habit

My father was US Green Beret and when I was a kid he told me "The best way to pull a knife is out of the chest" Meaning a knife that you can go straight into a strike with is the ideal one to pull. Reverse and I can do a lot if you catch my drift

Back