Looking for EDC fixed blade suggestions

I'm going to mention an option which is extremely low cost, offers easy customization, and really good quality considering the low cost:
a mora fixed blade with the wooden handle (which, after some love with sandpaper, can make a wonderful custom grip)
& with all the $ you save, you can afford to get a custom sheath to your exact specs - win win
timthumb.php
I actually like Mora. I own an Eldris and love that little guy. I have looked at the Garberg several times for my camping gear. Never thought about a smaller one for EDC. Hmm

I'm going to mention an option which is extremely low cost, offers easy customization, and really good quality considering the low cost:
a mora fixed blade with the wooden handle (which, after some love with sandpaper, can make a wonderful custom grip)
& with all the $ you save, you can afford to get a custom sheath to your exact specs - win win
timthumb.php

I’ll do that with just about any Mora, drop it in a pocket, stock sheath is fine. The combo is so light I hardly notice it.

When I require a light I knife I carry my picolo mako which I added a multi clip to the kydex sheath. Made by Fox knives for Bastinelli
Great set up, great knife too!

I love the look of the Guardian 3, several of the blade styles, and I love the leather sheath. I wish it had a clip instead of a belt loop!
Bradford used to sell kydex for the Guardian 3 and there are several sheath makers who also sell them. You could have the leather sheath for belt carry and add a clip to the kydex. I have tried horizontal carry on several knives but the G3 with leather sheath is the first one I really found comfortable and convenient. I think it makes an excellent EDC blade.

Reactions: vba
A suggestion, the Vaquero Ultralite:

GPemB0i.jpg

SdnTZDY.jpg

Boot Sheath/Bball shorts sheath:

txUMIT4.jpg

pOPYU48.jpg

Kinda clip it bout anywhere. Light enough not to weigh down your shorts:

IBBGV91.jpg

bKky4J2.jpg

nlDT6FK.jpg

And if a guy were wanting to carry the knife occasionally on the belt that can sure be accomplished too:

2Mj79eG.jpg

vniL0Bu.jpg

Retention on the sheath is great. My buddy Salty carries one upside down on his chink (short chaps) belt and he rides some "salty" horses:

anLW9ZE.jpg

We play Bball round here too. Last time this ol guy dunked:

XRM8nTt.jpg

GPemB0i.jpg

SdnTZDY.jpg

txUMIT4.jpg

pOPYU48.jpg

IBBGV91.jpg

bKky4J2.jpg

nlDT6FK.jpg

And if a guy were wanting to carry the knife occasionally on the belt that can sure be accomplished too:

2Mj79eG.jpg

vniL0Bu.jpg

Retention on the sheath is great. My buddy Salty carries one upside down on his chink (short chaps) belt and he rides some "salty" horses:

anLW9ZE.jpg

XRM8nTt.jpg
Certainly going to look into it!

GPemB0i.jpg

SdnTZDY.jpg

txUMIT4.jpg

pOPYU48.jpg

IBBGV91.jpg

bKky4J2.jpg

nlDT6FK.jpg

2Mj79eG.jpg

vniL0Bu.jpg

anLW9ZE.jpg

XRM8nTt.jpg
I see this is your company. A couple questions, looking for a video on the knife to see it in use. Do you have any or where can I go to see one? Also, looks like these are built by order. What is your workload/turnaround time?

Give me an email shout and I can answer those questions for ya.

White River backpacker Pro is perfect if you want small and light. If you want to go bigger, the Spyderco Street Beat is a perfect design.

Back