Looks a nice survival tool !

Fox makes some interesting knives. It's too bad the exchange rate is so unfavorable, most stuff made in Italy is ridiculously expensive in the US these days.

To put holes in a blade you need an agreement ? Is it the placement of the holes ? The diameter ? :eek:

Looks like a good chopper , for some reason I too think the handle 'looks' a little uncomfortable but there is a difference in seeing and holding.
I can see the virtues of stainless being used on a knife like that , not that I'm opposed to carbon... :)

Tostig

I don't believe that it's been trademarked, but that particular usage has become a distinctive feature of Busse knives. Personally, I can't see any use whatsoever for the little "talon hole" in Busse knives, other than being cute (and distinctive). I don't believe in putting useless features on a knife, so I wouldn't do it . . . but that's just me.

I have, however, included four holes as lashing points, which has nothing to do with Busse, only with practicality.

So no, I don't think there's any prohibition against holes, but duplicating the way Busse uses them would be a no-no to me, just out of common courtesy.

I don't believe that it's been trademarked, but that particular usage has become a distinctive feature of Busse knives. Personally, I can't see any use whatsoever for the little "talon hole" in Busse knives, other than being cute (and distinctive). I don't believe in putting useless features on a knife, so I wouldn't do it . . . but that's just me.

I have, however, included four holes as lashing points, which has nothing to do with Busse, only with practicality.

So no, I don't think there's any prohibition against holes, but duplicating the way Busse uses them would be a no-no to me, just out of common courtesy.

Thought it might be fun to do a little poking :)

The talon hole is indeed a registered trademark of Busse Combat. It is no more or less "sacred" than any other registered trademark.

The talon hole is indeed a registered trademark of Busse Combat. It is no more or less "sacred" than any other registered trademark.

All registered trademarks should be considered sacred, as they define intellectual property. I had no idea that the "talon hole" was a registered trademark though. As I pointed out in an earlier post though, I wouldn't use it in that configuration just out of courtesy, since it does have a strong identification with Busse knives, whether it's registered or not.

Reminds me of a Hossom with a swedge. I would have to try the handle before deciding on the comfort - or lack of.

I'm sure the Busse Boys will be all over this, claiming that the "talon hole" is sacred, and for anyone else to drill a hole would be a sacrilege.:D

I'm tellin'!!! :eek::eek:

Sutherland-body-snatcher.jpg

:p

I'd love to give this blade a test run though. Looks good.

LOL the name "Talon hole" may be trademarked but folks had been making knives and putting holes like that in that location or similiar for decades before Busse. I see tons of knives out there with similiar holes even from mass producers. Where's busse's crack team of corporate lawyers putting the smack down on them and making them stop using their trademarked hole? Oh wait that's why cuz they can't.

LOL the name "Talon hole" may be trademarked but folks had been making knives and putting holes like that in that location or similiar for decades before Busse. I see tons of knives out there with similiar holes even from mass producers. Where's busse's crack team of corporate lawyers putting the smack down on them and making them stop using their trademarked hole? Oh wait that's why cuz they can't.

Really? Might want to do some homework before writing.;)

Really? do you seriously think people hadnt been putting holes there in knives for lashing them to stuff to make it easier to turn your knife into a spear since knives were first made? Like OH perhaps when peoples knives were actually used to keep them alive on a day to day basis and not just when internet commandos were born?

Who has the hole trademarked just about every knife made has in the end of the handle???? Cuz that guy is getting SCREWED!

Do you truly think Busse was the first one to think to put a hole up by the blade before anyone else did? I know you Busse fans are stupidly fanatical but?!?!?!? Really?!?!?

And I wont do any research cuz it doesnt matter enough to me to look I know I see knives with a similiar "talon hole" (like I feel dumber everytime I type that name) all the time look for yourself.

Can't see the pic, but if it's this one -

5658.jpg

- it could fill a void long vacated by the Lofty Wiseman survival tool

IMG_0153-1.jpg

Diving Sparrow ("Canranger" here if I recall correctly) has a nice looking model as well

[
parang.jpg

Back