• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

Lord Vader, your bowie is ready...

orig.jpg

Damascus, gold and black jade - some seriously sinister-looking luxury.

Pic by Coop via Robertsons's Custom Cutlery. Knife by Doug Casteel.

Wow.

Roger

cockroachfarm said:
So, Roger, when will THIS one be added to your collection? ;)

When Stephen sells his kidney and forwards the proceeds to me, like a good friend should. Come to think of it Holger, I might need you to donate one of your kidneys as well... :p

Roger

What's the price on that one ...$2500 or so? There's a knife that one would be insane to actually 'use' :)

I did make an reasonable offer for it. A dollar a day for the next ten or twelve years. :eek: I have not heard back.

Lovely, lovely piece. It would work well too had the guard been a tad thinner.

Hi Joss,

Just out of curiousity (in line with the other thread about commenting on knives).

How can you tell what the knife would feel like in your hand by a photo?

Perhaps, a thinner guard would work best for you. However, for others it may be just right.

Not that the knife was ever meant to be used. Personally, I would be worried about the twisted gold wire coming off the handle.

Personally, I would like to see comments made by individuals to meet their specific requirements. Not just blanket generalizations. I think that would add more to the conversation about any knife posted here.

"How can you tell what the knife would feel like in your hand by a photo?"

You can't.

Perhaps, a thinner guard would work best for you. However, for others it may be just right.

I am not Joss, but I didn't perceive that he was purporting to speak for anyone other than himself. Expressing our individual views is kind of what a knife discussion forum is all about no?

"Not that the knife was ever meant to be used. Personally, I would be worried about the twisted gold wire coming off the handle."

That can happen when the material which is wrapped by the gold wire shrinks significantly. Not a big concern with Jade.

"Personally, I would like to see comments made by individuals to meet their specific requirements. Not just blanket generalizations. I think that would add more to the conversation about any knife posted here."

I'm not really sure I understand this comment.

Cheers,

Roger

Guys, I gotta tell you, this knife was substantial. Les knows that pieces of this caliber need an extra push. I try to give it.

Forget that pathetic crappy photo. (I can say that, remember?!) How substantial? Ok, NOW look at the image in a larger 1280-wide format:
Click thumbnail to hi-res image (Image is 370kb for dial ups. Go get a soda....)

Now, how about THAT! :D There is some serious finery going on in there...

Now YOU guys understand my crying to folks to NOT downsize my images. :) My Canon 10D is wasted on less.

Back to the imitations and critiques... :D :p :rolleyes:

Coop

jiminy said:
What's the price on that one ...$2500 or so? There's a knife that one would be insane to actually 'use' :)

Nonsense! This bowie would make a perfect backup if your light saber were to ever fail :p.

Is it possible to have a stroke. . . .left and right side of body & from the neck up. . . .by looking at something as nice as that ? :D Cuz. . .it sure as helll feels like it. :D

Well, if that first photo I posted was a reaching jab, Coop's larger size image is the right cross you never saw coming and now you find yourself flat on your back, staring at the ceiling and wondering why it's spinning like that... :eek: :eek:

Stephen - hurry up with that kidney!!

Roger

Back