1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Lost my Griptilian......

Discussion in 'Benchmade Knife Company' started by knifecollector73, Nov 23, 2014.

1. knifecollector73

knifecollector73

Jan 15, 2013
    This weekend i traveled to the beautiful mountains of North Carolina to cut and bail Christmas trees. Right as i had finished i looked down and noticed my Grip was gone! Somewhere in the process of bailing forty-four trees, a branch must have pulled my D2 Griptilian out of my pocket by the clip.:( That's painful. R.I.P EDC. Anyone else lost a BM in the past?

2. Alberta Ed

Alberta Ed

Jun 29, 1999
    Sniff...I feel for you. Now go directly to Cabela's and get yourself another one. Maybe two, just in case. My D2 Grippie has been my edc for over a year now.

3. billym

billym

Jan 8, 2006
    Yes I lost a 556SBK Mini one day on the disc golf course. I climbed a few trees and onto a roof to get some friend's discs down. Got to my car and noticed it was gone. I went back to every tree and every place I was (almost going shot by shot, hole by hole in my memory) until dusk. I then went back at dawn no luck.
    Condolences on the loss, time for a trip to Cabela's! At least there is an upside.

4. vanslem6

vanslem6

Oct 4, 2014
    If I had to lose a knife, I'd prefer it to be my 556, lol.

5. 338375

Nov 4, 2006
    That sucks... I've only lost one knife that was clipped in, and that was a Buck. Unfortunately camo knives are very hard to find in the woods lol

6. Monofletch

Monofletch Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2010
    I lost my 300NS the first day I carried it!

Knifecollector73 --I sent you an e mail. :D

7. chickenfried

chickenfried

Feb 27, 2003
    I feel your pain, lost a ritter grip ~6 years ago. Have no idea what happened. Still hold out hope and look in cubby holes at friends' houses :lol:

8. Shrub

Shrub

Feb 7, 2012
    Really sorry to hear that. Hope it turns up.
    My best friend recently lost her Spyderco Dragonfly Tattoo.
    She was pretty sad...

9. evosbu1

evosbu1 Banned BANNED

Feb 20, 2014
    My 551 was stolen by scumbags on campus.

10. Jastab

Jastab

Jan 31, 2013
    I went to Kansas to slay pheasants, and somewhere along the way I lost my s110v manix. Kinda bummed about that one. I didn't know north Carolina had "mountains" lol. More like rolling hills :)

11. Ulf Krogstad

Ulf Krogstad Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Bummer. Feel for ya. Luckily haven't lost a knife yet. Have had a few missing for weeks or a month but always found. My BK24 is MIA at the moment.:( I carry the Bm 275 almost always now, if it somehow slips out of the very secure molle sheath I will feel the weight difference. I also pinch my clips down with pliers on my BM's so they will stay more secure on pocket. Hope you get another soon. The 551 OD D2 is one of my favorite Benchmades.

12. jkarp_53

jkarp_53

May 25, 2006
    Not Benchmades. Sorry about your loss, good news the knife isn't rare. Hope you had a backup!

13. mostho

mostho

Mar 5, 2007
    Ouch! Next time go for orange and make a good lanyard with carabiner... :)

14. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
  15. omaha-beenglockin

omaha-beenglockin

Oct 22, 2005
    Look at it as an opportunity---sort of like I'm waiting for one of my TV's to die so I can buy an even bigger one.

16. 338375

Nov 4, 2006
    Just out of curiosity, did your knife have the factory clip, or had you changed it out ?
    The only reason I ask is because with all of the stuff I have done with a BM clipped into the watch pocket of my blue jeans, I have never had one even think about coming out, but there have been a few people here who reported that their clips were not as tight as they should be from the factory.

17. yakantosh

yakantosh

Jun 21, 2014
    I lost a 556 once... still don't even remember what state I lost it it (could have been a couple). I decided to go with something a bit cheaper after that incident, and ended up with a buck nobleman. A year of use later, and I was itching to have the mini grip back in my pocket. With that I put an order in for a new one, and haven't looked back since.

18. kramska

kramska

Jan 8, 2006
    Lost a 710...it happens. I was fine with just the 710 as edc, but once I lost it, I bought a new one and a few more BMs. Thus, the sickness began.

19. jkarp_53

jkarp_53

May 25, 2006
    Anything but Camo. Just to make a point someone a while back put up pics of his Grip in with some branches and the knife disappeared. You couldn't see it. Solution maybe? Use a lanyard.

20. CARRERA50

CARRERA50

Dec 20, 2008
    Here we go w/ the pocket clip again; use a sheath and this will never happen...