1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Lost PM2 CPM154/S90V

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by husq2100, May 4, 2018.

1. husq2100

husq2100

Mar 3, 2013
    Well it finally happened...or at least im pretty sure its happened. I bought a PM2 CPM154/S90V from the auction site. Used USPS and its gone missing in action. :thumbsdown::(

I have shipped nearly 300 items from the USA (to Australia ) using USPS and this is the very first problem.

It was shipped on the 23rd April, would normally be here by now. But the big indicator IMO is the tracking. Hasnt been updated since the 26th and the last known place/loaction on the tracking was the 23rd....

Its NEVER like that.

I contacted the seller, tried to communicate very clearly my experince and knowledge of USPS and he should chase it up (I cant from my end) and finally after many days of back and forth and me pleading with him to do a missing parcel search, he said he would. Have not heard back from him yet.

He seems to think its still in transit becasue thats what the tracking says, but the lack of information and the fact it stopped updating on the 26 is alarm bells to me

Very frustrating indeed. This is the only PM2 I dont have AFAIK.

cheers
    Serg

2. Mike157

Mike157 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 29, 2006
    The best of luck to you. I hope the knife shows up soon. I have had this happen to me a couple of times. It seems the package goes into limbo for a period of time - just disappears. Then, out of the blue, it shows up at my post office and is out for delivery. If you have the tracking number, you should be able to call the post office and have them look into it for you. I was on the receiving end the last time this happened. They found the package sitting on the shelf in a town twenty miles away. Mike

3. BuckleBuilder

BuckleBuilder

Jul 28, 2014
    If you bought it from “THE” big auction site, you have buyer protection and will be reimbursed if the item does not arrive. I know that you’d rather have the knife though. Good luck!

4. Chris "Anagarika"

Chris "Anagarika"

Mar 7, 2001
    Bought Pac Salt Black Serrated in Oct 2017 and the last update was in transit @ Jamaica NY. Never arrived at this side of postal service (I have contacts internally that helped validating). :(
    Never have any lost USPS item before or after.

5. husq2100

husq2100

Mar 3, 2013
    I really hope it just shows up. But my tracking experience tells me otherwise. Im not sure Aus post would be able to tell me anything, AFAIK it has not left the US yet. If it had gone through any other depots it would be scanned and updated. If you call USPS the customer service agents (regarding tracking) can not tell you any more than you can see on the website with tracking number!! So the next option is the "missing mail search". Again I cant do this as it requires the senders address and other info I dont have. Im guessing if i asked for it from him, the big auction site message system would block the message as they dont allow contact info passed via private messages there. Not emails, not ph numbers or addresses.

Yes ive read a little (this will be my first despute/problem on that site ever). Funny thing is when he just kept dismissing me saying its in transit, he doesnt like shipping overseas and just wait, I said ok, how long? and that we have to draw a line in the sand before both of us can not sort it. I also told him I would be requesting a refund. He was straight up , NO on the basis that I wasnt waiting for it. He had completely missed my point. I explained Im going to wait but not for ever. There are set guideline for this. My opinion is to get on top of it and USPS as soon as possible for both of us. I was really suprised he wasnt being proactive. If it does come to a refund I do hope he gets his money from auction site/USPS also??

If this is "lost" I certainly hope its the last time.

I have imported Sebenza's , SMF ,SNG and many PM2's . All no problems previously.

6. BuckleBuilder

BuckleBuilder

Jul 28, 2014
    He will have a little saying whether you get a refund or not. He will also be reimbursed as a seller if he shipped using the global shipping option.

7. DNAIrradiator

DNAIrradiator Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 3, 2013
    I had a few knives mysteriously disappear at that Jamaica sorting facility on Long Island as well, definitely some shady characters working there by my guess.

Chris "Anagarika" likes this.
  8. husq2100

husq2100

Mar 3, 2013
    Can you explain more? It pretty much says item no show = refund?

9. husq2100

husq2100

Mar 3, 2013
    Last known location is “USPS regional facility INDIANAPOLIS IN DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX “

10. BuckleBuilder

BuckleBuilder

Jul 28, 2014
    If the item does not arrive, the Bay will reimburse you. Google seller protection and global shipping program.

I sent a flashlight to Australia using the global shipping program. It never arrived. I was reimbursed and so was the buyer .

shovelhead69 and husq2100 like this.
  11. BuckleBuilder

BuckleBuilder

Jul 28, 2014
    Give it a few more days before I really started worrying about it. I’ve sent three knives to Australia and they both took three weeks.

12. husq2100

husq2100

Mar 3, 2013
    Yeah I’ll definitely be giving it some more time. I don’t think they would allow me to claim a refund without waiting the given time.

Funny thing is the delivery date is from 1 May to the 30 May. It’s never that amount of time (from and to) normally specified as about a 2 week period from first possible delivery date.

I’m thinking of leaving it till about the 20th that would be 4 weeks from shipping date.

13. BuckleBuilder

BuckleBuilder

Jul 28, 2014

I think after a certain amount of time you have to file a claim with the auction site. I don’t know because I’ve never not received anything. I only know from the selling standpoint

14. husq2100

husq2100

Mar 3, 2013
    this is from the auction site:

"If your item hasn’t arrived or isn’t as described, go to MY Auction site, find the item in your purchase history, and select return or item not received within 30 days of delivery."

Bit of a grey area given the delivery period is 30 days itself. Plus I figure USPS has a statute on their services as well. I want to wait but dont want myself or the seller to miss out the opitunity to be refunded. Its not his fault it went missing, but he needs to be on point because I cant do anything from my end other than request a refund. :(

15. JNewell

JNewell

Nov 18, 2005
    USPS may have a window on the front end where the shipper can't file any kind of complaint/inquiry. I have run into this with UPS. I don't remember what the period was - it might have been two weeks or 30 days. It was frustratingly long.

16. husq2100

husq2100

Mar 3, 2013
    USPS - "If your mail or package hasn’t arrived after 7 business days, you can submit a Missing Mail Search Request."

And I think the sender has 30 days from SEND date to make any claims....

17. husq2100

husq2100

Mar 3, 2013
    The auction site delivery date just changed today. Its been pushed back a day...... something is fishy.

when I first thought something was up and looked into it, it said 1 May - 30 May, today it now says 2 May - 31 May.

18. uxo2

uxo2 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2013
    This sounds like a GBU thread.

19. husq2100

husq2100

Mar 3, 2013
    What is GBU?

20. husq2100

husq2100

Mar 3, 2013
    Well against what I would have bet on, it arrived safe and well today! The tracking never changed, other than "package research case closed" came up yesterday .

Im stoked!