• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Loveless New York Special in Stabilized Black Ash Burl and 154CM SOLD

TK Steingass

Knifemaker - Buckeye
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Greetings BF's:

I just finished one of two Loveless style New York Specials and it's a real looker. First email, PM or "I'll take it" gets it. $475 delivered. Please Paypal via the personal tab or add 3.5% (which is what Paypal charges me) to tksteingass@frontier.com

3/16" 154CM stock
Paul Bos HT to Rc 60-61
OAL 7 3/8"
Blade 3 1/4" - unsharpened clip
Mirror finish
Stabilized Black Ash Burl
Tapered tang - green liners
416 SS furniture
Corby Rivets
Hand stitched 8/9 oz Loveless style 2nd generation sheath

100_3697.jpg

100_3701.jpg

100_3699.jpg

100_3696.jpg

Last edited:
Email received -this knife is sold

I wish I'd seen this sooner. That looks like a winner TK.

Gary:

Glad you liked it - like I said in the posting, I have another one just about finished except you get to pick out the scales. Same price - delivery next week

TK

Wow TK, you have this Loveless pattern "dialed-in" Perfectly. Super clean blade grinds(those cannot be easy !) and terrific Ash burl. What a knife ! No surprise it sold in minutes.
Congratulations.
roland

Whew! Very tempting. Glad it sold quickly. I need another knife, even one that would be unique for me, like I need more yard work. Among my 10 favorite knives, three, by coincidence, have black ash handles. Love seeing your work though I favor hand rubbed finishes over mirror finishes.

Paul

Fellas:

Thanks for the kind words. I have another New York Special coming up shortly - I think it's going to be some smashing Desert Ironwood Burl, red liners and a satin finish. Any votes on green liners again? The reason why I ask is that the collectors out there might prefer red over the green. It'll be up in a few days for the same price.

Fellas:

Thanks for the kind words. I have another New York Special coming up shortly - I think it's going to be some smashing Desert Ironwood Burl, red liners and a satin finish. Any votes on green liners again? The reason why I ask is that the collectors out there might prefer red over the green. It'll be up in a few days for the same price.

Yellow liners with DI goes very nicely. I used it recently in finishing a blade with DI. Sometimes I combine two liners. Yellow and black make a nice combination.

Paul

Back