Loves me my BM710hs

I was able to score a plain edge BM710hs - they're getting scarce and I wanted an M2 blade before they all ran out. Man, this is the most perfectly made production knife I've had. Blade perfectly centered and razor sharp, grinds perfectly symmetrical, all exposed edges perfectly beveled, perfect axis lock up, and nearly all the liner and scale surfaces are perfectly mated. That's the only little nit pick I can come with - a tiny gap between the left liner and scale up top - and I'm talkin' teeny-weeny - took me two days to even notice it. What a great, great knife. It's too bad the M2 is out but at least they kept the knife in the lineup. I don't think it'll permanently replace my BM635 - which has the ultimate handle to blade ratio and just the right size - but I might start doubling up.:cool: Now let's hear more BM710hs and M2 love.

The quality and strength of the 710HS with the M2 steel prompted me to order a RSK1 in M2. :thumbup:

The 710M2HS is my preferred 710 version (have an ATS-34 and 154CM version). Sharpneing is a pleasure, it holds a wicked edge for quite a while and, after the edge just starts to go, it strops well back to an almost scary edge. May have to snatch another before they are all gone.

Have an 154CM and an M2 ... want another in M2; don't care if its HS or HSSR the M2 rocks.

On another note the 154CM take an equally excellent edge ... decisions, decisions ... make that I want an M2 and a 154CM (SBT especially). They are just spectacular blades .... hell, just keep'em coming I don't care which or how many I'll take'em :D ...

I've got one of these coming in the mail either Monday or Tuesday. Took a bit of looking to find a plain edge one, and I think the HSSR's are also selling out fast. My first big knife investment and I'm so excited I decided to stop lurking :thumbup:

So many nice 710s.

Mine is an old-school ATS-34 McHenry & Williams with "First Production Run, 1 of 1000" on the blade.

Kinda gimmicky, I know. Haven't cut anything with it, but you know it cuts like hell.

After joining the forums in Dec. and hearing how BM is dropping the 710 in M2. I purchased one from New Graham. When it arrived I found that everyone was right, it cuts like crazy, holds a great edge and is well balanced. Just ordered another with D2 which should be here next week. I think this will be my EDC and put the M2 back in the box. But you know how that works. Thanks for all the great input. Martin

Loves me some Axis, loves me some high speed tool steel - the 710HS is just a knife that it's hard for me to find bad things to say about. It's not my ideal EDC for all occasions, but it's hard to think of something you can do with a folder that the 710HS does not do, and do well. It's not stainless, and the blade is 4", which is too long for legal in a lot of places. Other than that....

:D

The 710HS is one of my all-time favorite knives.

I have several knives with S30V, but for me the M2 is easier to get to a very fine, hair-splitting edge that won't chip or roll. And I find it holds an edge longer too.

I want to find a second 710HS as a spare -- I foolishly hesitated when BM dropped it, and now none of the online dealers I buy from have any left. :grumpy: I'm sure I'll get another some day.

If any of you find one out there, snap it up without hesitating, or you'll be kicking yourself like me.

A "modern classic" in every sense and what defined, so to speak, Benchmade. You owners out there are extremely lucky.

My only complaint with my 710 HSSR is personal preference. I am a tip down only person. No big deal, I carry it in a benchmade sheath tip down. Now I'm starting to like sheath carry: I can draw quicker than clip carry because the knife rides higher on my hip and there's more handle to grab after I quickly open the sheath.

Mr. Wilson

I really hate to see this being discontinued.

Here is mine. It's still rediculously sharp after using it some while doing some work around the yard this weekend, but I just stropped it a little anyway for good measure.
1824245710HS.JPG

Man that looks nice. I guess I am going to have to pick up one, and quickly since they will be becoming sparse.

Nice looking blade.

Here's a question concerning the markings.

As observed on the blade above, there is a symbol below the "M2HS" (X or N, something anyway).

I have one without the symbol.

Does this indicate a date of manufacture? Or ....?

Back