Loves me my BM710hs

I picked one up not long ago after I found out that they were discontinuing the M2 version. Awesome knife. The grind on mine was off a little towards the tip, but it was easily fixed, and I wanted to thin out the edge from the factory angle anyway.

The M2 is awesome, takes a super sharp edge and holds it.

i have got one also (otherwise, why would i post in this thread?:D )
I don't like black coating therefore i choose usual 154cm stainless one.
Really good knife, that is most often my EDC.

Be honest gentlemen, how was yours "out of the box" ?
because mine was far from being "scary sharp"...
It has now been "rectified" but i should admit i was a bit "unhappy" at the beginning...:grumpy:

freddy1 said:
Be honest gentlemen, how was yours "out of the box" ?
:

My 710HS came very sharp from the factory. However, the blade was bent and not centered and was just about hitting the side of the inner frame.

I sent it back to Benchmade and they quickly corrected the mistake from the factory. This occurred last month as I wanted an M2 before they discontinued the steel.

Benchmade did a great job in correcting the knife and the new blade arrived very sharp. I did a slight re-sharpening on the Spyderco Sharpmaker and the blade is very, very sharp!

I just ordered a D2 version, I hope it works as well as the M2, I don't have any experience with neither D2 nor M2, what do you think? It's M2 much better than D2?

SanShou said:
I just ordered a D2 version, I hope it works as well as the M2, I don't have any experience with neither D2 nor M2, what do you think? It's M2 much better than D2?
D2 is a step below M2 as far as edge wear and RC hardness.

Still, the recurve edge of the 710 in D2 will ensure you are getting a heckuva knife!

For all you 710 lovers, be sure to check out Joe Talmadge's tips for sharpening the 710 for maximum cutting performance! :eek:

One of mine came good and sharp, while another came with the often encountered sharp, but not acute enough, edge.

I've noticed that most of Benchmade's M2 knives seem sharper from the factory along the whole edge than those made of other steels.

Could be just my "luck," though.

I also opted for the 154CM, since I didn't want the coated blade. I find that it's more than adequate -- takes a great edge, and holds it just fine. Don't think I'll bother to get the HS. I have a couple knives in various tool steels, and in my experience the 154CM is just as useful.
Either way, my 710 is in my pocket right now... What does that tell ya?

There's a guy on ebay that just sold a 710HS with the BK coating and he's got another one offered beginning at ninety nine bucks, a 24 hour auction. I traded a couple of e-mails with him and he seems like a good guy with a fine ebay record.

Here's a chance for all those who need one to buy one before they all disappear.

BTW, I already have one, made a lukewarm bid on the first one and decided that others should have 'em.

Good luck!

Item number: 6607699997

shao.fu.tzer

Banned
I want the next one... Damn! You already bid on it... Wait, don't you already have one? I really want one, help me out here!

Shao