1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 17 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a KaBar Becker BK 15 Mini Camp!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a KA-BAR Becker BK 15, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Apil 27; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Lovin’ Zero Tolerance!

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Seadaddy1970, Apr 13, 2019.

1. bflying

bflying Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2014
    I agree with you about that chunky bastard. Out of my 16ish ZT's, it's the 0456 that I just can't bring myself to leave behind. More often than not recently, I've been carrying more than one knife just so I can have the big chunk for work, and something else to feel pretty. :D

Though I haven't added a new ZT for some time. The 0470 has been on my hit list for a while now. And while I really do want it, I've also gotten hooked on WE. Also well made with knockout looks.

mpm0097 likes this.
  2. Texan42

Texan42 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2018
    I just kinda recently got into knives, about 9 months ago ( gun guy here ), and have now purchased about 30 of them. I started off with Spyderco and Benchmade, and then saw a 0562CF in the display case.....that did it. Started buying more ZTs, especially the Hinderer collaborations, and have been happy with each one. Downside is it made me want to buy actual Hinderers. Bought the Eklipse, Half Track, Full Track and recently the XM 24, which hasn't made the wife too happy.

BigKurtHaze, bflying and 4mer_FMF like this.
  3. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    For me its the opposite. I started off with a couple of low end Kershaw and spyderco, then quickly went to ZT and Benchmade. Accumulated 10+ ZTs in a short period. Then upgraded to Hinderer. Then settled back and turned to Spyderco. My interest now turns more to slicey utilitarian folders and decreases on flippers on bearings with thick blades, which most ZTs are.

Texan42 likes this.
  4. Rob72

Rob72

Oct 5, 2005
    I generally like Emerson's designs, but find his customs & mid-techs to be way behind in fit and finish, compared to the ZTs. I don't have the 640, but the 620 & 630 are regular carry. The 300s are for when I want a bit more scoop or draw, so they're more my field & hiking carry.

Yeeeaaah, buddy. The 452. It hits the sweet spot!:cool:

5. Dogdrawz

Dogdrawz Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 15, 2016
    Dang it, now the 0452CF is on my list.

6. sgt1372

sgt1372 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 16, 2018
    I know this is a ZT thread but what the heck. We're talking knives; gotta take the conversation where it goes.

Anyway, I've got the 4" M21-14SFG pictured in the quote above. Just bought it because I thought it looked "cool." It was the last of the 4 knives that I bought from this CRKT/Kit Carson designed family of knives. Never thought to try to wave it; gotta give that a try.

The 1st CRKT/Kit Carson that I bought (which is also the 1st CRKT that I ever bought) and that's still my favorite is the 4" spear pointed plain edged M21-04G. Also have a smaller 3.5" spear point combo M16-13Z and the 4" tanto combo 14Z for variety. Of the 4, I'd consider selling the 13Z because it's too small. LOL! ;)

Really cool looking knives for a very reasonable price. You can buy 2 or 3 for every ZT you buy. Quantity over quality for sure but a lot of fun to play w/and carry nonetheless. :)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    Lapedog likes this.
  7. Lapedog

Lapedog Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2016
    I had the knife I pictured. It was pretty solid for a CRKT.

Unfortunately knives that have a double guard attached to the blade are fairly uncommon. The grail knife of this type is probably the Hinderer Maximus which you can also wave open with one guard and flip with the other.

[​IMG]

8. Irch

Irch Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 2018
    The first ZT I ever brought home was the Anso 0220. It’s a very plain looking, big, heavy knife that many here would probably dislike. Right out of the box it had one of the slickest actions I’ve ever owned. I vacillate between three or four knives for EDC, and the ZT is always in the rotation. The big ZT just works for me.

9. nwmetalbug

nwmetalbug Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Just picked this one up.
    [​IMG]

4mer_FMF likes this.