Lovin’ Zero Tolerance!

So, a Kershaw Natrix (7007) or a ZT 0770CF (in Elmax /M390) isn't good enough for you?

I've got one of each and they suit me fine. In fact, I carry the Natrix more often than the 0770CF simply because its cheaper and really all I need to carry. Of course, if they made a 0777 replica I'd buy that too but it's not something I just gotta have given the current availability of these 0777 derivatives.

“Good enough” isn’t really the right way of approaching that - it’s just not the same. The 0770 is AO and has a 3.25” blade. The 0777 is larger and has a bearing pivot. I dislike AO, blades under 3.5”, and flippers that run on washers.

The bareknuckle comes close, but the blade steel is notably inferior to 20CV, I feel like it offers poor value (vs Civivi, Maxace, and others), and is just different enough to not match my aesthetic preferences.

The 0770, Natrix, Natrix XL, and Bareknuckle have all struck me as slightly annoying mis-steps that dance around the product that they know people want the most - a true production 0777 that isn’t destined to rot in a safe because its collector value is too high.

To avoid devaluation of the limited runs, a flat CF or aluminum version would accomplish three goals: keep the model distinct from limited runs, streamline production, and lower the cost.

They should reintroduce the 0777. Just, as you said, a more streamlined construction. Then I could add it to my collection of all the 0777 family of knives. Carrying my Natrix CF right now as a matter of fact. Only one I don't usually carry is the XL CF, as it's just huge! Love them all though, especially the bareknuckle. I find the 14c28n a good steel, took a really sharp edge and is holding it nicely.

I did reassist my 0770cf though. I didn't mind it as a non assisted flipper, but it just wasn't great. I don't mind the assist though. Reassisted my 0566cf as well, now if I could just get the spring to stop popping when I close it.

“Good enough” isn’t really the right way of approaching that - it’s just not the same. The 0770 is AO and has a 3.25” blade. The 0777 is larger and has a bearing pivot. I dislike AO, blades under 3.5”, and flippers that run on washers.

The bareknuckle comes close, but the blade steel is notably inferior to 20CV, I feel like it offers poor value (vs Civivi, Maxace, and others), and is just different enough to not match my aesthetic preferences.

The 0770, Natrix, Natrix XL, and Bareknuckle have all struck me as slightly annoying mis-steps that dance around the product that they know people want the most - a true production 0777 that isn’t destined to rot in a safe because its collector value is too high.

To avoid devaluation of the limited runs, a flat CF or aluminum version would accomplish three goals: keep the model distinct from limited runs, streamline production, and lower the cost.

I'm not as "particular" as you are. So, the Natrix and 0770 are fine w/me but, like I said, I'd certainly buy a retro 0777 if KAI ever decides to make one.

PS: I've also got a Bareknuckle and it's "good enough" for me as well. LOL! ;)

I'm not as "particular" as you are. So, the Natrix and 0770 are fine w/me but, like I said, I'd certainly buy a retro 0777 if KAI ever decides to make one.

PS: I've also got a Bareknuckle and it's "good enough" for me as well. LOL! ;)

Yeesh, way to take personal knife preferences and make it sound like I’m too picky :p

Larger blades / handles fit my hand better, and I don’t like sandvik steels in the hands of Kershaw. Just a combination of preference and experience.

You are right Comeuppance. A production 0777 with decent steel and CF and over 3.5" blade on bearings would be like Kai printing money. All the others I feel just the same way you do. Why ZT hasn't made a streamlined 0777 their #1 priority is beyond me. My guess is it would knock out many of the other designs ZT currently offers.

You are right Comeuppance. A production 0777 with decent steel and CF and over 3.5" blade on bearings would be like Kai printing money. All the others I feel just the same way you do. Why ZT hasn't made a streamlined 0777 their #1 priority is beyond me. My guess is it would knock out many of the other designs ZT currently offers.

i would love to own a 0777cf. Hell, I would like to just hold one! By the way, I reassisted my 0770cf and 0566cf AO’s also. After handling outstanding ball bearing flippers like the 0801bw and 0562cf, washered unassisted just isn’t as pleasurable.

From what I understand the Natrix XL is a similar size to the 777. I really like mine, and would love to have a premium version of it. If zt reissued the 777 I think it would literally print money for them! I would buy one for sure. I have an 0770cf, 0770GRYBW, Natrix 7007cf, Natrix 7008cf, Bareknuckle 7777, and a Bareknuckle blackout waiting for me at my mom's house (I'm out of town lol). So I love the family... Give me a 777 zero tolerance!

From what I understand the Natrix XL is a similar size to the 777. I really like mine, and would love to have a premium version of it. If zt reissued the 777 I think it would literally print money for them! I would buy one for sure. I have an 0770cf, 0770GRYBW, Natrix 7007cf, Natrix 7008cf, Bareknuckle 7777, and a Bareknuckle blackout waiting for me at my mom's house (I'm out of town lol). So I love the family... Give me a 777 zero tolerance!

i agree, I would buy a 0777 in a heartbeat if I could find a new one. I’ll need to check out the Natrix and Bareknucle.

ZT 450 is bee's knees IMHO - the perfect EDC
ZT470 is up that alley as well - ZT - if you are listening - please release DLC coated version

I've got a Kershaw 7007 and ZT 0770CF which IMO are the the most similar in design.

I consider them interchangeable as EDC carry knives and, between the 2, I prefer to carry the 7007 because it is cheap/lighter and less of concern if lost or used.

ZT 450 is bee's knees IMHO - the perfect EDC
ZT470 is up that alley as well - ZT - if you are listening - please release DLC coated version

Agreed, the 0450cf is a great EDC. I've never tried or owned the 0470 but it's on my list. I'm just a little hesitant as I'm not really a huge fan of the stock scales.

Back