M9 LE pic and Pre-order info inside....come and get it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Isaacson

Pirate
M9LE.jpg

The M9 LE is the next offering from Swamp Rat Knife Works. The LE will have a Satin finish, G10 handles and a Zero Edge, steel is SR101,differentially heat treated, approx blade length is 9", approx thickness is 1/4" stock. Cost is $248.95 (plus regular shipping charges)
It is pictured with the original M9 Prototype and as you can see we have made some enhancements in the LE, we have rounded the butt, lengthened the guard and enhanced the tip by making it a little more aggressive.

PRE-ORDERS CLOSEDTo pre-order send an email to both of the following emails ratknives@yahoo.com and ratknives@insightbb.com Please include your name, address, phone number, email address, and the number LE's you want. Also please put M9 LE in the subject line. PRE-ORDERS CLOSED

The Pre-order window will stay open approx 3-4 weeks and we hope to begin shipping the first M9 LE's in approx 4 weeks. You will be notified when your knife is ready for payment info so no need to send that at this time.

No sheath is offered at this price but I hope to have something in stock at the time of shipping so you can pick one up then. All regular shipping charges apply.

Come and get them.

Eric

:D:D

Last edited:
WOOHOO!!! Sweet, man... I'm in!

Great, simple lines...kinda sexy. :eek: It has that Bowie look.:cool:

Yeah... I think I could take a Yetti with that bad boy.:thumbup:

Dang it! ...I just can't refuse a fresh piece o' cheese!! :grumpy:;):D:thumbup:

Email sent! :thumbup:

Through hardened or differentially hardened, Eric? And will a CG be offered as well?

Please come back.

Hey Eric... is this differential heat treat... or through hardened?

BLD522 is faster than me!

Thanks

Last edited:
Dare I ask how easy is it to keep satin SR101??? Obviously it isn't stainless, but even mar-able and stainable is fine. I just don't want massive rust-able. (Eg: Comp Edition Busse's vs. satin Busse's.)

For $250, I'm DEFINITELY interested. Wow.

Hey Eric... is this differential heat treat... or through hardened?

BLD522 is faster than me!

Thanks
KnifeGuy asked the question first on Rat Chat. He's faster than both of us! :)

A hamon can be difficult to see in a pic. And odds are the M9 is differentially-hardened. But I'm not buying one until I know for sure.

Last edited:
BTW - it's also about a half-to-three-quarters of an inch longer than the prototype. Not that that's bad. :)

Wonder if any natural-handled versions of this will be in the Ganza. Hmmmmm. (THAT woudl be cool - some darker burled wood with that blade? Hand-shaped and a bit more hand-filling. Mmmmmmm.)

Dare I ask how easy is it to keep satin SR101??? Obviously it isn't stainless, but even mar-able and stainable is fine. I just don't want massive rust-able. (Eg: Comp Edition Busse's vs. satin Busse's.)

For $250, I'm DEFINITELY interested. Wow.

Nothing I have ever owned rusted as easily as the Comp Busse. I live on a salt marsh, and with a little Tuf Cloth, my naked 52100 Barkies and stripped SR101 Rats are just fine.

that is very nice looking for sure. I really love the pointer tip you went with.

you say zero edge, are you talking convex edge?

I'm such a putz for posting THREE times on this thread, but for anyone who DOESN'T have a SHBM, this is the closest you'll get to one - for 1/5th (or less) the price.

It's a bit thinner but danged close in feel. Esp. with true 1/4" stock. (The M6 I've got measures a bit UNDER 1/4" WITH coating.)

Hope the handles are just a BIT beefier on this than the M6. With that, it'll be a SHBM replacement for sure!

Ah yes, I find this new offering . . . intriguing. But questions need answers!

- is it differentially hardened?
- will there be a CG version available? If so, will it be the same thickness as the LE?
- is the blade going to end up being under, over, or exactly 9" long?

Thanks mucho!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back