Mad for Micarta Picture Thread

ChazzyP

Platinum Member
That looks great. I searched forever for a micarta scale for my MP-1 but never found one. I sold it when I got a full Ti version with a brass inlay.

DED8C74E-F71B-446B-946D-312A0CBAE0BF.jpeg
Thanks, JD. I saw a couple MP1s with that bleached-out looking red Micarta scale here at BF when they first came out. I looked for a long time before a couple popped up at DLT and I feel lucky to have found one.

That knife of yours is a real beauty with the raised edge in the Ti surrounding those brass inlays and hardware to match. The contrast is quite stunning. The MP1 didn't really catch on in a big way but is one of my favorite patterns and seeing yours only adds to my appreciation of that model.

photoman12001

Gold Member
Thanks, JD. I saw a couple MP1s with that bleached-out looking red Micarta scale here at BF when they first came out. I looked for a long time before a couple popped up at DLT and I feel lucky to have found one.

That knife of yours is a real beauty with the raised edge in the Ti surrounding those brass inlays and hardware to match. The contrast is quite stunning. The MP1 didn't really catch on in a big way but is one of my favorite patterns and seeing yours only adds to my appreciation of that model.

The MP-1 & Full Track both seem to be forgotten models with little support. It’s a shame, especially the MP-1. I’d definitely buy micarta scales for my Full Track; the G10 is too aggressive. Since Hinderer offers nothing I had to go aftermarket and got some brass scales for it. I should look for some aftermarket micarta too.

001(143).jpg

001(142).jpg

This was my old MP-1. It would have looked great with that maroon micarta.

903D0BBC-42F2-4527-BDB7-204801203BB4_zpspn7b3gp2.jpg

AA6E6834-8FCA-4213-8F8C-F3B4578808B7_zpszwh0dr9s.jpg

Redmeadow Knives

John Conner / lessismore
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Definitely some interesting material right there!!! Love the cowbell model....Only thing missing in this picture is some of your fine leather work!!!
Thank you, I appreciate that.

TomKoerts

Basic Member
Can you please give all pertinent info on this knife!! Maker, model OAL, BL etc!! Thanx!!

The maker is Dirk de Wit from the Netherlands. Only makes a couple per year and has a waiting list for several years. M390 (hardened at a place which also hardens aircraft parts)/vintage German micarta/titanium spring (with an hardened steel insert) and frame. Supersharp and slicy @ 0.35mm at the edge. BL is around 3.5”. Didn’t measure the overall length yet.

Everything is hand made, doesn’t use CNC or watercutting. Just a belt sander, lathe and an old Deckel without any computer)

He did have a knife made by Lionsteel (Grailer I but it has been sold out for a while)

Native XF ad, Below bottom BC