MagnaCut customs - Books Closed

The smaller fighter in the middle of the top photo is customer's name, followed by "Fighter". 🤷‍♂️

I like it as well. For a sturdy piece of steel, it's going to be quite fast in the hand.

Oh hey, so I keep forgetting to mention that my "ridiculous" knife has fared quite well in testing. It has put a lot of trail clearing work in which has included chopping some hard wood, and it still cuts like a micro-saw on cardboard and paper. It has not received any damage since my tip pry test. It's also not terrible to touch up afterwards either. Once the edge was properly apexed and sharpened, whatever edge was taken off with the work was fairly quick to restore with the SharpMaker. Just don't let it get completely blunt or you'd be sharpening for an hour or more.

Here is is till covered in wood and plant guts:

IMG_2433.JPG
IMG_2434.JPG

Oh hey, so I keep forgetting to mention that my "ridiculous" knife has fared quite well in testing. It has put a lot of trail clearing work in which has included chopping some hard wood, and it still cuts like a micro-saw on cardboard and paper. It has not received any damage since my tip pry test. It's also not terrible to touch up afterwards either. Once the edge was properly apexed and sharpened, whatever edge was taken off with the work was fairly quick to restore with the SharpMaker. Just don't let it get completely blunt or you'd be sharpening for an hour or more.

Here is is till covered in wood and plant guts:

View attachment 1631993
View attachment 1631994

Any video of it in action?

I LOVE that knife !!!

Just what you saw in post #56 of this thread, so far. But thank you!

Great looking set David, looks like there’s one in there for Chad, great looks mark on it.

The Al Mar SERE tribute is also mine. After testing out one of the new Chinese folder versions of the SERE, I wanted something fixed and better than the Chinese made one (actually a good knife for the money, but really heavy and a lot of sharp edges). The older SERE's are very hard to find and very expensive when you do, and magnacut is going to be a lot better than AUS-8.

That one is purely for my uses as a smallish field knife.

The Al Mar SERE tribute is also mine. After testing out one of the new Chinese folder versions of the SERE, I wanted something fixed and better than the Chinese made one (actually a good knife for the money, but really heavy and a lot of sharp edges). The older SERE's are very hard to find and very expensive when you do, and magnacut is going to be a lot better than AUS-8.

That one is purely for my uses as a smallish field knife.
I’m assuming your referring to the cherry red handle one, solid design on that. Can you help me with blade length and is the top sharpened? David sure is shaking up blades with his grinds and hardness, really enjoy his work.

I’m assuming your referring to the cherry red handle one, solid design on that. Can you help me with blade length and is the top sharpened? David sure is shaking up blades with his grinds and hardness, really enjoy his work.

Yes. I think we settled on a blade length slightly over 4" and the top is an unsharpened swedge.

Back