MagnaCut Round 3, heat treated, and in transit to the shop

David Mary

pass the mustard - after you cut it
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Good evening friends of David Mary custom. I am pleased to announce that I have been asked to put together another MagnaCut run by a kind repeat customer who has invested steadily in my work over the last year and a half. He has requested a number of specific design, highlighted below in red, and due to the size of the sheet, there was room for additional designs after his were nested. Here is a snapshot of the sheet, and the items available (not colored) and those spoken (colored) for by various individuals.

These will be laser cut by Mark and Steve H2Oknife H2Oknife and then heat treated by JTknives JTknives , with the exception of the 38" largest MagnaCut knife, which I have asked Mark to send to a heat treater of his recommendation who has an oven large enough.

Anyone interested in any of the designs not yet spoken for (or who thinks they can convince me to give up my own claim on the Prevail XL or large Camp/Survival knife that I have greyed out for my own use!) are welcome to contact me for more information. To reserve one or more of these for yourself, or to discuss pricing or build options, please contact me by PM or email (my email address is viewable at the bottom of all my posts, even on mobile if you turn your device 90Ā°, to landscape mode), and it will be my pleasure to continue to serve you in your cutting wants and needs.

1662504830810.png

P.S. In addition to these designs, there will also be 6 smaller straight blanks sent to Jarod for heat treatment that will be suitable for EDC or small neck knives.

All blanks are cut, and will be shipping to Jarod soon, except the big one, which will be going to Peter's as they are the only ones I am aware of who can do a 38" blade at this time.

Another Wharnificent is claimed, and a hawkbill. Here is an updated pic. Anything without color is still unclaimed, and if they remain unclaimed, will eventually be made and sold on the exchange, or at least one or two slipped into a sheath on my belt or around my neck. I don't own a MagnaCut knife yet, and I really really wanna!

Nested.jpg

Another Wharnificent is claimed, and a hawkbill. Here is an updated pic. Anything without color is still unclaimed, and if they remain unclaimed, will eventually be made and sold on the exchange, or at least one or two slipped into a sheath on my belt or around my neck. I don't own a MagnaCut knife yet, and I really really wanna!

View attachment 1932795
The small Bowie is still uncolored. Is there anything more I need to do to claim it?

.140". I think I mentioned it in my shop thread and forgot to here. Sorry.

Is the bottom knife under the grayed knife claimed? It is the blade with the tip pointing to the right. If not I'd like to claim it

Thank John

Is the bottom knife under the grayed knife claimed?

Good morning John, and thank you for your kind interest in my work. Yes, someone contacted me by email three days ago and laid claim to the knife you have asked about, which is called the Skinny Fat Bowie. But I don't intend for this to be the last one.

The small Bowie is still uncolored. Is there anything more I need to do to claim it?
My apologies. I forgot to color it in.

Reactions: FSA
Back