• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

MagnaCut Run 2023 (delays carried it over to 2024)

Two pins secured with adhesive, one front and one back. Handle won't go anywhere.

I've been thinking about a Prevail, and I think I see one available in the bottom left corner? I'd like have it in Magnacut, like the other knife I have ordered. If so, count me in! We can chat about the scales later.

Last edited:
I realize I'm a little late to the party, but I'm curious if this one has been claimed yet, and if not what the dimensions are? I apologize, I'm fairly unfamiliar with your work so I don't know what the model is called, but it looks like exactly what I'm looking for.

enquiry.jpg

Armithius Armithius , I just saw and replied to your email. Please forgive the delay. As it turns out, I was contacted by someone else looking for a knife in MagnaCut along the lines of the Wharnificent design, whose name started with an A, so I just assumed it was you. Evidently not! And he has not committed to anything yet, so that last Wharnificent is indeed still unclaimed.

Armithius Armithius , I just saw and replied to your email. Please forgive the delay. As it turns out, I was contacted by someone else looking for a knife in MagnaCut along the lines of the Wharnificent design, whose name started with an A, so I just assumed it was you. Evidently not! And he has not committed to anything yet, so that last Wharnificent is indeed still unclaimed.

Beautiful, I responded to your email, and just so everyone is clear, I will indeed take that last Wharnificent spot. I'm quite excited!

Thanks B beeinak . This design was the result of a request by the customer to make something new and unique that combined elements to two existing Kephart designs that he liked.

I love these serendipitous creations. A little if this, a little of that, suddenly you’ve got something really cool.

Beautiful, I responded to your email, and just so everyone is clear, I will indeed take that last Wharnificent spot. I'm quite excited!

Nice! I was previously torn between a Wharnificent or a Prevail, and I had chosen the Prevail as my next one. (and of course wanting a Midirang too...)

Update: Jarod has had a setback in his shop, when one of the elements in his oven became damaged. He had to rebuild his oven, and basically built a whole new one. This may set back the estimated completion date that I initially provided, but Jarod has now completed his new oven, salvaged and repaired the old one, and both have been tested and dialed in. Also, he informed me the next order in the queue for his plasma cutter is our MagnaCut.

Also, I have updated the first post to include an up to date image containing all the designs slated for the cut, and which ones are still available to be reserved.

Note: Ring knife holes are getting drilled instead of plasma cut, since Jarod has a 1" step drill bit that will make a nicer hole than the plasma (hence easier for me to finish).

I bought a chefs knife from david in magnacut a while back, its held up amazingly in a super high stress environment, kept a sharp edge and after months of hard , daily use the only real wear it has is a tiny roll in the edge that mysteriously appeared after my brother borrowed it. so was likely from improper use. Also, happy late fourth of july from the uk.

Back