1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Good MAKAEL made sheaths - EXCEPTIONAL

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by RayseM, Sep 6, 2020.

1. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    I can't say enough good things about @Makael made sheaths. He has made 4 or 5 sheaths for me and each have been unique and creative. What can you do to make a sheath different from all the rest? I don't really know other than to say - LET MIKE DO IT. :thumbsup:

Beautiful, functional, well crafted and always a bit off what is expected in an artful way. I highly recommend!!!

Here are some examples - starting with my most recent.

This is a "dangler" for a puukko blade I rehandled. I put DANGLER in quotation marks because it is kind of a FIXED dangler. Not just a swinger. I was a bit skeptical about this carry method but it worked out to be perfect for me. I can carry vertically or tilted forward with the pommel within easy reach. I really appreciate the forward lean option. The thing is - it stays put - doesn't swing - so vertical or nearly horizontal and any point in between and there it stays. Unique and practical.

YP-puukko-in-Sheath.jpg

I added the "talismans" off the sheath belt.

YP-puukko-and-Makael-sheath.jpg

These two Mike made for a Fiddleback Shogun. I often get 2 sheaths from Mike as he seems to create on the fly and is willing to experiment to satisfy my eccentric taste. ;)

Shogun-Sheaths-1.jpg

This one - as I remember - was my first Makael made leather sheath. You don't need me to repeat that his sheaths are unique. Another puukko sheath - this for a honest to goodness made in Finland, Karjalan Puukko. I asked for a "puukko style" sheath without the flourish and decoration that is typical of Finish made sheaths. This Makael sheath is not like any I have seen before and it is a FAVORITE of mine. Just perfect in all respects.

Puukko-new-sheath.jpg

The front sewn welt looks a bit odd at first but - NO BUTS - it is a new classic!

I only wish Mike would put his maker's mark on these things. This thread will have to serve as part of their pedigrees :)

Dangling-Puukko.jpg

Thanks a lot Mike.

Anyone else have @Makael sheaths to share? Pile em on!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    The Zieg, Fullflat, skyhorse and 6 others like this.
  2. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Mike is a master-grade leather bender!

Fullflat, JJ_Colt45, jbmonkey and 2 others like this.
  3. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Could agree more, gave him my Carothers medium chopper and the next day I received a call from him telling me it was done.:eek: His work is top notch and super reasonable. Thank you Mike!:)

4. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Platinum Member

Oct 17, 2015
    Guys, thank you for the reviews.

Fullflat, woodysone, 91bravo and 5 others like this.
  5. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    yep. got a couple. Mike makes a great sheath. all of these I put zero input into and Mike just made as he is a master of making perfect and came out perfect for me.

20181208_154416_600x1066_480x852.jpg

a Buck nighthawk sheath.^

20190918_202757.jpg

20190918_202806.jpg for a Buck 317^ pre logo stamped one.

15993280438157246833215733676249.jpg 15993280771266803291637694522886.jpg
    this one was a task. as the sawback pattern would shred a sheath. built perfectly so easy in and out no tearing up. this is a modified Buck talon so its a big and heavy knife still.

The Zieg, Fullflat, Makael and 3 others like this.
  6. JJ_Colt45

JJ_Colt45 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    Still carrying one of Mike's sheaths. He got it done very quickly and it exceeded my needs is beautiful as well as highly functional!

Fullflat, woodysone, Makael and 3 others like this.
  7. RayseM

Feb 18, 2010
    Did I say ~ I LIKE MIKE? ~

This just in for a new Siegel Blade. Exactly what this perfect big knife needed was a perfect sheath.

Who you gonna call? @Makael

Siegel-&-Sheath-.jpg

Siegel-in-sheath.jpg

Siegel-Sheath-loop-side.jpg

8. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Platinum Member

Oct 17, 2015
  9. Makael

Oct 17, 2015
    Thanks JB

10. PeteyTwoPointOne

PeteyTwoPointOne Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Well hell...now that the cat's outta the bag and BF's biggest secret has been revealed--

I might as well post these up cause now he won't even remember my name now that he's rocketing straight into the stratosphere :rolleyes:;):p...

The TGULB was crafted to my specs, the SHBM was a "surprise" when I let Mike make all the creative decisions, both are artworks and full of practical utility! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

jbmonkey, Fullflat, Makael and 3 others like this.
  11. RayseM

Feb 18, 2010
    :thumbsup: :) :cool:

woodysone likes this.
  12. skyhorse

skyhorse Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Good looking leather sheaths :thumbsup:

RayseM and woodysone like this.
  13. Makael

Oct 17, 2015
    Nice words fellas. Thank you

jbmonkey and Fullflat like this.
  14. blaze148

blaze148

Oct 3, 2005
    Hi,
    I’m confused on how to communicate with you to send you a knife for a sheath.
    Where are you located?
    Thanks

15. Veech54

Veech54 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2005
    I just got this one back from Mike today. Exceptional work. Better than the original. Attach0(1).jpg Attach0(1).jpg Attach0.jpg

Attached Files:

Makael, jbmonkey, woodysone and 3 others like this.
  16. Cowboyfromhell666

Cowboyfromhell666

May 13, 2019
    I want one of Mike's sheath please. My email is [email protected]
    I want a simple plain leather sheath vertical carry for my Benchmade hidden canyon--recently discontinued. Please and thanx

Makael and woodysone like this.
  17. RayseM

Feb 18, 2010
    Hey @Makael - ^^^ Just sos ya know.

Makael and woodysone like this.
  18. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    couple more i got from Makael recently...same setup. I put zero input in and he made better than I could have asked for.........

16008995986648193249116662607254.jpg

this one Mak made knife and sheath. converted a 103 skinner into a mini bowie or clip point and custom sheath. awesome.

16008996634524209945636643582459.jpg 16008996323528870071975397342297.jpg

this one i wanted a gck knife sheath instead of the clunky factory one. as usual Mak didnt disappoint. he asked what I wanted and I said make what ya want and he did and sheer awesome. plus he found me this blem i wanted so i could keep mine for my collection and have a user. Maks the best, a true artist.

19. Makael

Oct 17, 2015
    email sent. Ty

jbmonkey, woodysone and RayseM like this.
  20. Makael

Oct 17, 2015
    [email protected] works. Thank you

JJ_Colt45, woodysone and RayseM like this.