Makers worth looking at.

Walter Wells does custom knives in CPM-154 for around $200 depending on options. He did mine for $225 and I designed it all myself aside from minor details. Great communication along the way, and I got a knife I really love.
I would love to see a picture of this!

Manly Peak, come with D2, CPM154 or S90V blade, great folders from not so popular in US Bulgarian maker.
VNAMjCD.jpg

Second the below in bold. I have a Bester Ratel and absolutely righteous piece for the price.
I have a Shamwari incoming from a recent Insta drop and looking forward to it.

Check the new 2nd edition Kizer Feist for an amazing little gentleman's knife. Still big enough to do most any EDC task. It is a front flipper which is an awesome opening method you may not be familliar with. Check out the Boker Exskelibur1 for a larger but very gentlemanly and light front flipper. For expensive examples look at Gareth Bull or Bester knives.

I have had very good luck with Mcustas little gentleman knives that are all metal with say a damascus handle and blade. First off my Mcustas were the sharpest knives I have ever recieved out of the box. They are literally irresponsibly sharp

Good suggestions! I have a number of Bokers. Love them!

Make sure you get the Framelock version and the Exskelibur I, the Exskelibur 2 isn't a front flip
Second the below in bold. I have a Bester Ratel and absolutely righteous piece for the price.
I have a Shamwari incoming from a recent Insta drop and looking forward to it.

Once you get the Shamwari you probably won't want to keep the Bester around. You won't want to have the Ratel cramping the Sham's style in your collection right? Just send that Ratel to me and I will dispose of it for you.

Depends on your price point ... but some different brands ... Lionsteel ... Reate ... Mcusta ... Kizer ... Al Mar ... Wlliam Henry ... Fantoni ... Shirogorov ... Rockstead ...

... I tend more toward the gentleman styles. Anyway this strikes me as a good group to ask their opinions on folding knives and who makes great ones.

I think I am pretty "up" on who the main players making folders. Certainly most everybody here is familiar with the big boys (in $ or fame) like ZT, CRK, Spyderco, Benchmade, Kershaw, CRKT, CS, SAK, Buck, SOG, Boker, etc. and thanks to the group, now I am too. What I would love to know is the names of the smaller, little known producers who make great stuff and expand my knife horizons, as it were. Anyone willing to dazzle the newbie as it were?.....

Fallkniven.

Get a Diskin corkscrew! Then you can open bottles of wine. What could be more "gentlemanly"?
I prefer the Fire.
Corkscrews I have plenty of. Collecting wine was a previous hobby. Have more bottles than I will ever consume. Not a bad problem to have.

Diskin, Hoback, Les Voorhies, Mac Wasil, Real Steel, Shiro, Rod Olson, Bradford knives, Jeremy Robertson(Calavera Cutlery).
Don't know if you're looking at fixed blades too...
My all time favorite for EDC knives is Ferrum Forge.

I see what you did there. Haha.
That Ratel is a keeper and I'm planning on getting his next iteration - even though i have no clue what it is.

Once you get the Shamwari you probably won't want to keep the Bester around. You won't want to have the Ratel cramping the Sham's style in your collection right? Just send that Ratel to me and I will dispose of it for you.

Manly Peak, come with D2, CPM154 or S90V blade, great folders from not so popular in US Bulgarian maker.
VNAMjCD.jpg

How is that Peak? It may be the knife that gets me to try Manly. How is the blade stock thickness? I appreciate that many eastern European designers haven't been influenced by the western OVERBUILT!!!1 philosophy.

Way to go comrades!

VNAMjCD.jpg

This knife pushes all my buttons. I have the Manly Comrade in my pocket right now. Manly makes great knives for the money (G-10, D2 and precision machining for $50!).
I have a 003 on the way. Should be here any day now.

Diskin, Hoback, Les Voorhies, Mac Wasil, Real Steel, Shiro, Rod Olson, Bradford knives, Jeremy Robertson(Calavera Cutlery).
Don't know if you're looking at fixed blades too...
My all time favorite for EDC knives is Ferrum Forge.
Great stuff. I actually have a Real Steel Sea Eagle on the way!
I'm always looking for fixed blades. lol. Those are my first love in knives. Love Arno Bernard's work. Would love to get at least 10 of his different models. So far I only have his discontinued version of the Wasp with crocodile handles. Love it. I have several Bokers that are fantastic. One I've had for about 40 years that I got from Cabela's under their name and I just found out it was made by Boker as well. When I like a style, I stick with it. lol

Back