1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Making Scales

Discussion in 'Kershaw Knives / Zero Tolerance' started by eioous, Jan 14, 2013.

1. ono724

ono724

Jul 17, 2010
    Great job eioous, I'm really liking that color.

I'm working on putting bubinga scales on my needs work. I cut out the blanks, just need to drill the holes and sand it to shape.

2. knife2Agunfight

knife2Agunfight

Jan 11, 2012
    Wow, I am shocked on how nice that looks for your first time making scales. Great job :thumbup:

3. eioous

eioous

Dec 23, 2012
    Thanks. I am quite happy with the outcome and am quite a fan of the black/orange combo.

The overall process was not too bad. The only thing that gave me hell was cutting out the area for the torsion bar but I eventually got it

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  4. Rival1314

Rival1314 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 17, 2012
    great job....and you got the speedsafe cutout?!? Kudos to you my friend!

5. knife2Agunfight

knife2Agunfight

Jan 11, 2012
    What tools did you use?

Just a Dremel and a Drill?

6. eioous

eioous

Dec 23, 2012
    Thanks, it is quite satisfying having the speedsafe working correctly.

Yes sir and a variety of bits for each.