Mass drop knives

Love my new crux, the pivot loosens after 10 or so openings so I’m going to have to add a dab of loctite, but other than that’s its perfect

Knowing your taste in knives, I’m interested to hear what you think about it after you carry and use it a bit. It’s a handy little knife that slices great and disappears in Pocket. Oddly, after a few weeks I still haven’t decided if I like it, love it, or meh. Although taking price into account, it’s certainly better than meh....maybe I’ve just gotten snobby.
I received my Gent a couple days ago. First impressions are good.

Overall fit and finish is very good with one caveat. The scales are over sanded. Looks much worse on the show side.

Blade centering isn’t perfect but very close, totally acceptable. If I tinker with it, I might get it dead on.

Blade grind is very good, edge grind also. A few passes on the ceramic stones with a light stropping and it will be very sharp. Blade finish is very even front to back.

Flips good and is very smooth with the bearing set up. Blade drops free and shakes shut. I’m still undecided about the whole flipper concept although I must admit, the blade looks better without thumb studs or a hole.

Lockup is good. I’m guessing 35-40%.
No blade play in any direction after 50 plus flips.

The pocket clip is great for a small folder. My wife says she likes it much better than a standard size clip. I must agree.

My example was 3.9” closed, not 3.6” as suggested by Massdrop. Blade was just under 3”.

The pouch and handkerchief are a nice touch especially for a knife at this price point.

I hope someone will make after market scales. This knife begs for CF or Cocobolo.

Overall first impressions are very good. Understated with sleek, clean lines, good f&f, lightweight and nice in the pocket. My only gripe is the crappy scales. It should make a nice gent’s folder.

Pictured with BM 707 Sequel for size.
3g0GkmJ.jpg

kQP7Cwy.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with GB940Rookie...I just received my Gent and overall like it a lot. I like the deep carry clip. I haven't carried or used mine much, but initial impression is very positive.

Great description. Just got one the other day too. Cool to see it next to that little benchmade. Looks like it gives a nod to that design. Always wanted one of those but could never find that one.

I love this little knife...the gent is a keeper for sure.

Good quality...not a jagged corner on the handle anywhere. I took mine apart to loctite the pivot since I heard they loosen up. Mine came centered but now it feels even more solid. No play in any direction. My scales were a little wabi sabi with how they cut it to show the pattern but I like that sort of thing. Since the holes are threaded into the titanium, it should be easy to make some custom scales.

This thing almost feels assisted...the flipping action is that good! Can even get it fire with my non-dominant hand with just a light pinch on the handle. Almost got a callous on my index finger flipping it several hundred times the last few days! It's that fun. Like the steel also. Been cutting everything from sticks to string to food and it still shaves.

Tried something a little different..... again. :D Playing around with some copper and silver. So my Gent became a guinea pig.....again. The copper wasn't too difficult as I started out with some fairly thin stock to begin with. But the silver was hammered out of a little bullion bar. It took forever to get into thin sheet. It's far from a finished look, but I kind of like it.

2njin2h.jpg

nmz4tv.jpg

Tried something a little different..... again. :D Playing around with some copper and silver. So my Gent became a guinea pig.....again. The copper wasn't too difficult as I started out with some fairly thin stock to begin with. But the silver was hammered out of a little bullion bar. It took forever to get into thin sheet. It's far from a finished look, but I kind of like it.

2njin2h.jpg

nmz4tv.jpg

It looks good. Nice job.

My Gent arrived today. Lot of knife for the money. High quality piece and quite sharp. The only change I’d make is the clip should be satin not polished. The blade and liners are satin and the clip should match.

Finally got around to trimming out the silver/copper scales I made for my Gent. Also ground out the front scale lock access/recess a bit. And rounded off the lock bar at the point the thumb hits. I enjoy a bit of comfort on knives that I tend to fidget flip.

33eu63b.jpg

2saxks1.jpg