1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.
  3. Week 12 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Himalayan Imports Sirupati Khukuri!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Himalayan Imports Sirupati Khukuri, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, March 23; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

massdrop pricing fails

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by dirc, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    Boker zinkers are really bad. Im not much of a zinker fan design wise after having some of them. Live and learn.

The md version is better quality but design wise its not my type of knife. They burn my eyes when i look at them. But art knives are a thing. It catches the eye of some. Flashy strange things sell. The more holes and compound grinds the better.

2. Hackenslash

Hackenslash Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I love the Zinker FR style but the full custom is a little rich for my blood and the Boker version is a disappointment. I'd love to see MD bring a WE made Zinker FR to market with different scale choices! :cool:
    [​IMG]

3. GMox677

GMox677 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 8, 2018
    Just received my Massdrop x Bradford Guardian 3.5 and with Nitro-V and it's amazing. I've one ever had this and the MD/FF Gent and I was impressed with both. But they could be hit or miss with anything else.

4. bubinga

bubinga

Feb 16, 2005
    It used to be if you didn't (or couldn't) meet the Amazon prices, people just took their business elsewhere, but now you get publicly flogged if some your prices beat them and others don't.

Amazon, meanwhile, uses your money to buy a secret army of 150 economists a year, so they can screw over their competitors more, y'know, scientifically:
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/13/tech/amazon-economists/index.html
    One can only imagine what will happen to their prices once they succeed.

To screw over their loyal vendors, Amazon now knocks off your products and will undercut them using huge pop-up ads forcing consumers to actually confess they want to pay more for similar products: https://www.retaildive.com/news/wsj-amazon-tests-private-label-pop-ups-on-product-pages/550703/

5. Danke42

Danke42

Feb 10, 2015
    So what does Amazon have to do with Massdrop?

Some sort of secret conspiracy or do you just not like Amazon?

katanas likes this.