Matt Lamey Knives Pix

i'm a big fan of Matt's work...simple, affordable, no non-sense, hard working knives. to some they may be too simple, but i think they are just the type of knives that are not afraid to face any task.

if you have any pics of Matts work, old and new please post them. i haven't seen any thread specifically depicting Matt Lamey's work.

c'mon Santi...i know you got plenty...here are some of mine.

lamey.jpg

lamey436.jpg

lamey426.jpg

Matt has a great design eye. In the last few years he's done really good work, esp. with regards to his use of hamons.

And this piece the lasest, received only coupla weeks ago . . .

Rough Country Tanto - Amazing Hamon! ;)

A group shot is yet to be organized . . . :D :D :D

I just acquired the one here:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=463205

Please forgive the link, but I am not able to take pics of it right now. Still, even the pics that Matt took don't do this knife justice. It did not come with a sheath, so I get to have someone make one for it. Can't wait. I hope the sheath will be as awesome as the knife is.

I just acquired the one here:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=463205

Please forgive the link, but I am not able to take pics of it right now. Still, even the pics that Matt took don't do this knife justice. It did not come with a sheath, so I get to have someone make one for it. Can't wait. I hope the sheath will be as awesome as the knife is.

I have worked with 3 top sheath makers over the years, since 1994; Bob Schrap in Wauwatosa, WI, Chris Kravitt of Treestump Leather in New England, and Kenny Rowe in AR.

I really recommend Rowe's Leather...they are about the finest that I have seen. Tell Kenny you want the thin welt like Steven Garsson gets.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

I have worked with 3 top sheath makers over the years, since 1994; Bob Schrap in Wauwatosa, WI, Chris Kravitt of Treestump Leather in New England, and Kenny Rowe in AR.

I really recommend Rowe's Leather...they are about the finest that I have seen. Tell Kenny you want the thin welt like Steven Garsson gets.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Good call, Steven. I have bought a number of the Treestump "ready made" pouch sheaths recently along with a couple of Sullivans and have been very pleased with both. But you are correct...a bad boy "hard user" like that needs a Kenny Rowe pinlock 4 position sheath:thumbup: :D

you guys are making it hard for me not to get one of matt's knives......i've been on the fence for a while.....ryan

I'm very impressesd with Mr. Lamey's word as well. Gotta get one soon,,,Maybe at BLADE :thumbup:

Mucho eye candy here. Matt does great work. I have at least one (I really need to write this stuff down) on order.

Roger

Matt is doing some great work. I picked up this early one on the exchange recently. 9 1/4-inch 1095 camp knife. Hope to pick up one hot off the forge soon!

MattLsfirstforsale.jpg

- Joe

DANG Broos...that's a nice one, too...lemme know if you wanna let go of that one. :)

what's the blade length?

Back