Matt Lamey Knives Pix

From memory, a touch over 12". Handles just like a typical 10" blade. I made a moleskin lined kydex sheath for it (credit owed to RJ Martin for that idea), which has worked well. One of my favorites, and it has been used (and performed great) before I made it look pretty again.

I'm a BIG Fan of Matt Lamey's knives too.Here are pics of 3 of Matt's knives that I currently own.The 1st is a 9.75in Cutter with Curly Maple Handle & Alot of Belly to it.The 2nd is an 8in. fighter also with Curly Maple for the Handle,and the 3rd is an 8in. bladed Bowie that's 5/16s of an inch thick at the guard.It started out with a Curly Maple Handle,but I asked Matt to take a little more wood off the handle and in doing so he met up with the tang(My Bad),so he ended up putting Desert Ironwood for the handle.All 3 have Excellent Balnce,the top clip sharpened and are Good Basic Knives-No Bells or Whistles.Matt is Definately one of my All Time Favorite Knifemakers.Enjoy the pics.
Buddy S.:cool: :thumbup:

i love big-bellied bowies...the 1st is really nice and wide. that fighter is totally awesome, and with that slightly canted guard makes gripping it nice and snug.

thanks, and keep posting them.

i just scored another one...whohooo!!! check it out:

MattsKhuk.jpg

wow, im flattered by all the kind words and comments. I took a month off and just now getting back to work, the drastic recurve above is the first out of my shop in weeks.

here is another I just finished, 7-3/4" blade, 12-1/2" overall, 1/4"+ stock, forged 1095, black micarta etc....

100_0287.sized.jpg

100_0293.sized.jpg

great stuff :thumbup:

i have two of matt's knives, a small one...

393981601_989cc6ae39.jpg

and a bigger one. i posted some of these pictures before, however...

441901777_85366fd587.jpg

441901791_5eeeeab760.jpg

447263855_22c5e2d6c6.jpg

447253000_bd12a97480.jpg

hans

great thread deserves a bump:thumbup:

He's got a couple of cleavers on the bench right now. If you contact him you might be able to snag one.

I had this picture of a Lamey Cleaver on my hard drive that I took from a for sale thread a couple years ago. It's not my knife or photo and I can't remember whose it is. But you asked for a Lamey Cleaver photo so here one is.
Lameycleaver.jpg

I do have a few Lamey's of my own and will try to take some pics and post in this thread.

Thanks Ridgewalker :) that's the one . . .

Now just need to wait for Matt to finish the latest batch :D :D :D

Ridgewalker that is an AWESOME knife by Matt. I know this is an old thread but I like seeing his work.

I got a fighter coming with black macarta handle, copper guard, mosaic pins, long clip and a wild looking hamon. Can't wait to get it!

Back