May 2022 Buck of the Month - 417 Budgie, Silver Cerakote BOS D2 Steel, White Cerakote Frame

I'm glad this is going to be an easy one to take a pass on... like others, I shot my knife buying budget wad last month... 3 times over.

Plus... for $84, I can get a White Cerakoted 722 Spitfire with a superior S35VN blade, and black hardware, from the custom shop to scratch my Star Wars itch... if I had one :)

I'm glad this is going to be an easy one to take a pass on... like others, I shot my knife buying budget wad last month... 3 times over.

Plus... for $84, I can get a White Cerakoted 722 Spitfire with a superior S35VN blade, and black hardware, from the custom shop to scratch my Star Wars itch... if I had one :)
Agreed.

Or you could order a 110 w/ 5160 clip point blade for $70.
That'll be my BOTM.

Just sayin.
You know where.
Only 7 left.

I've been eyeing a budgie for a while now, and generally like small knives. This one will go in my pocket. There were 253 left when I put one in my cart, and 250 left when I checked out a couple minutes later.

Pass for me also. I have the original Budgies in S35VN. The green one has served as my money clip since getting them when they were first released. As a BCCI member, the discount direct from Buck is significant.

wonder how long this one will take to sell out. wonder if it will hang on longer than the vantage fixed blade one years ago.....that one I think set the record of longest lasting........

The Vantage fixed blade did take quite a while, but I think it was the 726 that took the longest to sell out and that was only a quantity of 200.

View attachment 1809889

Kinda interesting - I received a reminder email from Buck today. "Don't miss the May Buck of the Month!"

I can't remember receiving two individual emails about a Buck Of The Month.

EDIT: Currently 174 left

Last edited:
Yeah, the first couple hundred seemed to go pretty quick. It slowed down a lot after the first day or so. 170 left about three hours after Your Name's update. Budgies are somewhat flightless birds, apparently.

I can't emphasize enough how much I prefer getting a BOTM over wasting time trying to get a GEC on the drop. I like the excitement of waiting for the BOTM, enjoy the big reveal and subsequent commentary here (even if it isn't a knife that I end up buying), and putting a new knife in my pocket a few days later.

Yeah, the first couple hundred seemed to go pretty quick. It slowed down a lot after the first day or so. 170 left about three hours after Your Name's update. Budgies are somewhat flightless birds, apparently.

I can't emphasize enough how much I prefer getting a BOTM over wasting time trying to get a GEC on the drop. I like the excitement of waiting for the BOTM, enjoy the big reveal and subsequent commentary here (even if it isn't a knife that I end up buying), and putting a new knife in my pocket a few days later.

Could not agree any more with that last part!

Back