• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

MecArmy **GOOD**

First world problems...(short version) ..."MecArmy has great customer service"

(full story)

So..I liked this bead offering from MecArmy for various reasons, it was attractive and seemed to be tougher than some other tritium style beads on the market. I didn't however like the multi-colored tritium combination they offered so I decided to place an order for the "Non Glow-bar" variant. For some reason I just assumed this "non glow bar" model was the same bead but without the tritium installed. It was 1/3 the cost so it made since to me. I ordered it and ordered the tritium rods in the color of my choice from another vendor and waited.

The tritium showed up long before the bead did, and when the bead finally arrived I discovered my mistake in assuming it was the same bead but without the trits installed.
The bead was solid and had no way of installing tritium. Disappointed that I had spent $30+ on this bead that I couldn't use I contacted MecArmy because frankly I still felt a bit mislead due to there not being any photo of the "non glow-bar" style bead on there web-sight. MecArmy apologized for my unhappiness and offered the correct bead without tritium installed for the return of the original and $5 shipping. I thanked them for the offer but declined. I explained that waiting for the original to be returned and then waiting again for the replacement to arrive would take almost two months time and I was not willing to wait. I also took full responsibility for my original assumption but told them that clarifying the difference on there web-sight may help with any further confusion for future buyers. I was willing to chalk this experience up as a lesson learned but then I then received this email...

I received the bead in record time and was able to finish my project with my choice of tritium color. MecArmy went the extra distance to make me a satisfied customer and for that I am very thankful. Thank you MecArmy team!

Back