Medford vs Crusader

Medford or Crusader? Which do you like better?

• Medford

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • Crusader

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
I like my Medford Praetorian and it is impeccably made. Big and expensive, but I am glad I bought it.

Greg is a bit out there but I just don’t take him too seriously. He doesn’t want to service knives that have been reassembled/ripped apart buy their owners and that is his prerogative. I Rarely disassemble any of mine, so I don’t really care. I Will send it back for service just as I do with Spyderco, ESEE, Benchmade, ZT, etc.

You need to take his warranty letter with a grain of salted realize it is mainly tongue in cheek. I haven’t texted or phoned the mobile of any knife manufacturers other than Medford. He takes care of his customers IME.

IMO, nobody should buy a Medford under any circumstances. A knife that is too delicate to be disassembled or lubricated is not a reliable tool. Here is the letter that came with mine, written by the galactically stupid specially-abled Greg Medford:

mGeP2Vo.jpg

I used to want a Medford until I read that letter. Just wow.

I used to want a Medford until I read that letter. Just wow.

I think the letter needs to be posted occasionally because otherwise people will read comments like "disassembly voids the warranty" or "you can't lubricate the knife" or whatever as a bunch of hyperbolic mockery by haters of what are probably in reality more reasonable actual warranty requirements. When you read the letter, though, it's all right there. No tools. No lubrication. No modification. Spelling errors. Exclamation marks!!!!!!!

Now for my shameful admission: I have grown to really like my Medford knife. It's too thick, both in the handle and blade, it's too heavy, Medford is a bit spastic and the warranty is questionable but the fit and finish is fantastic and the sketchy looking lock interface is rock solid and to my continued shame I'm actually quite fond of the knife now.

Those S90V Praetorians looks nice. But so does the Crusader VIS Metro. Both are ridiculously big and heavy. But that's what I want right now. No reason , really. I just want them both.

Right off the bat , let me state that I have no real experience with either brand. But they both intrigue me as far overbuilt folders go.

So it's simple , which brand overall do you think makes the superior product? Or , at least , which would you pick if you had to choose?

I know each brand makes numerous models. That's why I say "overall". But if you favor a particular model then let's hear it.
Just bought a Medford. If you like Overbuilt folders then this is the knife for you. Trust me the d2 holds up great and g10 will probably be plenty strong enough for any task

Those do look pretty cool. I was very close to pulling the trigger on a VIS Metro yesterday. But there were a few things that I wasn't crazy about : 1) It had a G10 scale on the presentation side and titanium on the lock side. I wanted a full titanium model. 2) The 3D blade coating is kinda cool but I really prefer non-coated blades for the most part.

Basically you just want my VIS-T...unfortunately I want to keep it in my collection :):):)

Crusader Forge VIS-T

Back