• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Medford "you're anal retentive" no warranty update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...on-folding-knife-blades-being-centered/page10

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...edford-Knife-and-Tool?p=15760216#post15760216

To recap: Greg says my NIB 187 DPT is fine, great knife, but it is not centered, feels rough, no warranty, makes me pay shipping back, after his wife Amy said it's warranty because they fired the guy that made it. I said screw it, fix it myself, threw it in the safe.

My buddy who works for Sandvik, wants a new knife, his birthday is coming and he is at the house this past weekend. We try not to give each other extravagant gifts. He has got stars in his eyes for the " no-warranty from Medford" DPT 187. I was going to fix it, but he gives me some cash to offset the cost, it's his problem now.

We cruise around DFW, like two one-eyed cats in a fish store, checking out Rifle Gear, Cabela's, House of Blades. Per the Medford instructions, he opens and closes the knife periodically to break it in.

Saturday evening the "DPT 187, you're anal retentive, works great knife" starts to lock up at the pivot. After some incredulous eye-brows and expletives, we get out a 10x loupe my buddy uses for checking carbide. The knife has three washers on the offset side and two on the close side of the pivot. The material is galling up. We had to put some "CLP break-free" oil on the pivot to get it working again.

Later that night, my friend is surfing parts on a knife makers supply website, lol. Glad I gave it to my buddy.... but I did think about sending the knife back to Medford with a picture of my middle finger.

Bring on the trolls!

Last edited:
Lol this might certainly attract his "fans" who to whom Greg can do no wrong.

In my eyes Greg's attitude towards his knives and customers with problems is a deal breaker for me. I don't want the hassle of dealing with a guy like him if I had a problem with one of his knives.

Spread the word on how he treats people and NEVER buy another product from him again. Bummer narcissistic people like him produce decent blades, I just will never own one. Not until he learns how to treat a customer.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...on-folding-knife-blades-being-centered/page10

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...edford-Knife-and-Tool?p=15760216#post15760216

To recap: Greg says my NIB 187 DPT is fine, great knife, but it is not centered, feels rough, no warranty, makes me pay shipping back, after his wife Amy said it's warranty because they fired the guy that made it. I said screw it, fix it myself, threw it in the safe.

My buddy who works for Sandvik, wants a new knife, his birthday is coming and he is at the house this past weekend. We try not to give each other extravagant gifts. He has got stars in his eyes for the " no-warranty from Medford" DPT 187. I was going to fix it, but he gives me some cash to offset the cost, it's his problem now.

We cruise around DFW, like two one-eyed cats in a fish store, checking out Rifle Gear, Cabela's, House of Blades. Per the Medford instructions, he opens and closes the knife periodically to break it in.

Saturday evening the "DPT 187, you're anal retentive, works great knife" starts to lock up at the pivot. After some incredulous eye-brows and expletives, we get out a 10x loupe my buddy uses for checking carbide. The knife has three washers on the offset side and two on the close side of the pivot. The material is galling up. We had to put some "CLP break-free" oil on the pivot to get it working again.

Later that night, my friend is surfing parts on a knife makers supply website, lol. Glad I gave it to my buddy.... but I did think about sending the knife back to Medford with a picture of my middle finger.

Bring on the trolls!

Just an FYI, DC: my birthday is in late October. ;)

"We cruise around DFW, like two one-eyed cats in a fish store"

^ I can just picture you two driving around in a really cool lifted Ford pickup, with shotgun's hanging on a rack in front of the back window, wearing your Stetson cowboy hats...heading to Chuck E. Cheese pizza (after a day of shopping), to celebrate your buddies B-Day. :thumbup: :D

Please let us know DC, if your buddy is ever able to get this 187 knife back into decent fit & finish condition (with pictures).

Lol this might certainly attract his "fans" who to whom Greg can do no wrong.

In my eyes Greg's attitude towards his knives and customers with problems is a deal breaker for me. I don't want the hassle of dealing with a guy like him if I had a problem with one of his knives.

Spread the word on how he treats people and NEVER buy another product from him again. Bummer narcissistic people like him produce decent blades, I just will never own one. Not until he learns how to treat a customer.

^^This

After he posted his video on YouTube where he berated his wife for doing wrong in his eyes while filming him. Began to call her stupid and flew off the handle on her on camera, I decided there were much better people I could give money to for my knives.

Wow I assume he took that video off? I sure hope so.
^^This

After he posted his video on YouTube where he berated his wife for doing wrong in his eyes while filming him. Began to call her stupid and flew off the handle on her on camera, I decided there were much better people I could give money to for my knives.

Wow I assume he took that video off? I sure hope so.

Yes, very shortly after it was posted on YouTube. It was about 2 years ago now, someone on Instagram got a grab of the few seconds of the video and posted it, I'll have to dig around and see if I can find it. It was very sad to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back