• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Medium Bowie/Fighter

John Cahoon

JWC Custom Knives
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Greetings everyone, Here’s a new medium sized Bowie/Fighter offered up for your consideration.

Steel .195” 440C professional HT 59/60 hand sanded to 1500 grit for a reflective satin finish.

Edge before sharpening was .015” or so and the blade glides through phone book paper, leather, rope etc.

Dimensions: 10 7/8” OAL, Tip to Scales 6” Width 1 3/4”

Home sourced Japanese Privet handle sanded to 1200 grit with a faceted copper spacer/guard, multi-color fiber and a 1/16” copper pin. Finished with Danish oil and carnauba wax.

Really starting to like blond woods for handles. Here’s what little I found on the wood from a bow making forum…“The wood is hard and tough and makes good arrow shafts. It is easy to straighten using green or heat straightening methods and once straight seems to stay that way.” It seems very hard to me, takes some real effort to dent it but I never could find a Janka Hardness number.

Lined and dyed sheath with Egyptian tooling, wet molded for a snug fit.

18-44 1.JPG 18-44 2.JPG 18-44 3.JPG 18-44 4.JPG 18-44 5a.JPG
Asking only $155 to your door CONUS via paypal, check or MO. Drop a hint to your wife about what you want for Valentines day! ;) Feel free to comment/ask questions and thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Back