Medium Choppa thread!!

Got mine yesterday! Good sized blade, it’s gonna work well. I dig the handle shape and how the blade is similar to the HDFK, going to have to compare it to my Busse CG Fusion Battle Mistress.

I was hoping it would say “prototype” for the collectible factor.

I do need a sheath asap or it will sit around like my Busse knives.

I’d be in for one from Mashedcat.

Got mine yesterday! Good sized blade, it’s gonna work well. I dig the handle shape and how the blade is similar to the HDFK, going to have to compare it to my Busse CG Fusion Battle Mistress.

I was hoping it would say “prototype” for the collectible factor.

I do need a sheath asap or it will sit around like my Busse knives.

I’d be in for one from Mashedcat.

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd be guessing that is precisely as to why Nathan did not inscribe it with the word "prototype". IIRC, he has not done that since the days of the HC unless they were prototypes truly destined to go to the trusted friends and collaborators, meaning that those units would otherwise not see the light of day in the wild. There were no "prototype" inscription for the so-called proto HDFK-D2, BC and now these MCs.

Got this little guy today and my first thought was literally, "jackpot!" I'll try to get some better picks outside when it stops raining.

A few random thoughts:
-The handle feels thicker than the LC
-I feel a pronounced transition in handle feel from choking up toward the blade to holding toward the end for chopping. It feels very intentional and very natural. I feel it also on the LC, but on this one the transition feels more pronounced. It seems caveman proof especially for me: Put hand here for cutting. Put hand there for chopping. Now smash things...
-Playing around with it, it wants to jump out of my hand and chop.
-The 1311 feels like it has a chump handle now. Spoiled by the design, ingenuity and execution of the CPK team.

Anyway, I really like it (understatement). I'l try to get some more pics and thoughts once I use it a little.

Thanks again everyone at CPK! You guys are amazing!

I actually just got done pulling the scales off to get a better comparison, the only difference I can tell in the outline is at the pommel. The MC has a bit larger radius at the very end vs. the BC, making it appear a bit longer. All the holes line up:), just emailed @Jo the Machinist to try to get another green set for my BC (just have to match the smaller pommel radius);).

~Chip

That's what I was thinking as well, but I never got an answer when I asked if I could "massage" a pair of production scales to fit my prototype. I know I can get a pair of MC prototype scales to fit though:D. I just hope I'm not too late to get 'em:).

~Chip

I actually just got done pulling the scales off to get a better comparison, the only difference I can tell in the outline is at the pommel. The MC has a bit larger radius at the very end vs. the BC, making it appear a bit longer. All the holes line up:), just emailed @Jo the Machinist to try to get another green set for my BC (just have to match the smaller pommel radius);).

~Chip

Thanks! The slight difference on the MC contour looks good!

Maybe the tweaks on the production BC (preorder) includes a handle similar to the MC.

That would be very cool. I'm liking everything I'm seeing on the MC.

Back