Metal frame pocket pistol discussion

The Steyr is a nice piece, no doubt about that. But it still doesn't have the smooth lines a Colt 1903 pocket hammerless. Theres a crudeness about modern design that baffles me. Like all the cars needing to look like the wind resistance is nil, but aerodynamics don't really matter until pretty high speeds. Buthow often are we going 70-80mph, vs just mourned town? And even if it makes a slight difference, wouldn't most people really prefer to have a car with some style like a '56 Ford Crown Vic or a '55 Chevy?

I think we've lost something in our culture that appreciates style just of the sake of aesthetics. Something easy on the eyes.

The problem with that is concepts such as aesthetics or "easy on the eyes" is subject to individual interpretation.

In my case I really like the aesthetics of the Webley series revolvers.

1024px-Webley_IMG_6789.jpg

It's not a looker like a classic Smith & Wesson with sleek lines, deep bluing and checkered walnut grips, like the venerable Registered Magnum, but I like its appearance regardless.

When you get down to it, revolvers will always be sexier than autos in my opinion.

I think that comes down to the revolver in question. To me a revolver needs to have an exposed hammer for maximum aesthetic appeal.

589a7a7e0b8ba.image.jpg

Sexy

2368-DEFAULT-l.jpg

Ugly

j-frame-model-638.JPG

UGLY

I think that comes down to the revolver in question. To me a revolver needs to have an exposed hammer for maximum aesthetic appeal.

589a7a7e0b8ba.image.jpg

Sexy

2368-DEFAULT-l.jpg

Ugly

j-frame-model-638.JPG

UGLY

I concur.

8hfAnWC.jpg

The problem with that is concepts such as aesthetics or "easy on the eyes" is subject to individual interpretation.

In my case I really like the aesthetics of the Webley series revolvers.

1024px-Webley_IMG_6789.jpg

It's not a looker like a classic Smith & Wesson with sleek lines, deep bluing and checkered walnut grips, like the venerable Registered Magnum, but I like its appearance regardless.

Thats sooooo classic that it crosses over to beautiful class. :thumbsup:

It just seems to say, "Have the men fix bayonets, Sargent Major, the Zulus are getting ready to charge again!":eek:

Very very cool gun!:)

I could see a subcompact Browning Hi-Power coming to fruition had polymer not taken over.

Speaking of steel frame pocket pistols...

I was cleaning up my work area at home and going through stuff and found the guide rod to my Astra Cub. It's a crappy little .22 short, but I have a new recoil spring hoping it helps with feeding issues. I need magazines for it, the old man be is shot. But phew, $80 on GunBroker for a 6 round .22 short mag?

I miss my Colt Agent 38 special. I wish that I would've never sold it!

CZ 75 Rami, Sig P-Series 239 or 224, maybe shortened 225, definitely pocket 1911s, Smith and Wesson semi-autos 3913, Chief’s Special 9MM.

Back