Photos Metal Monday - Post Your Metal TRADITIONAL Pics

"unparalleled guardian" 🙂
:thumbsup: 🤓
A utilitarian delight.
Thanks for the comments about that weird little knife I posted last week, Dwight and Harvey. :)

For the next few weeks, I'll post Alox SAKs I have. I think that will exhaust my holdings of all-metal knives.
Here's a pre-owned Victorinox Moneyclip I obtained several years ago. I sometimes use it as a tie clasp.
moneyclip.pile.open.jpg
moneyclip.TIE.jpg

- GT

:thumbsup: 🤓

Thanks for the comments about that weird little knife I posted last week, Dwight and Harvey. :)

For the next few weeks, I'll post Alox SAKs I have. I think that will exhaust my holdings of all-metal knives.
Here's a pre-owned Victorinox Moneyclip I obtained several years ago. I sometimes use it as a tie clasp.
View attachment 1819777
View attachment 1819778

- GT
Nice tie.
Do you ever buy a tie, thinking, "I'll wear that", and then when you go to put it on, think, "I'd wear this maybe to a 1950s luau-themed barbecue"?
I'd wear that one, though.
LkKE9ma.jpg

Nice tie.
Thanks, Jer. :)
I bought that tie when I was a college freshman in 1969 and the prof teaching Calculus 1 told our class that ties having stripes with positive slope were relatively rare. I went shopping to find such a tie which I also hoped would include some of the excesses of Mod fashion from the Sixties. The tie I posted is what I came up with, and I was quite pleased with its red, white, and blue patriotic paisley, although I'd hoped for more width than I was able find. I've worn that tie for math tests, as student or as instructor, ever since.

IIRC, you posted a photo in some thread recently that had some colorful ties in it, at least one of which was silk. :thumbsup::cool::cool:
(But could the "tie" that seemed most "psychedelic" to me have actually been bib overalls? On closer inspection I thought I saw what looked like a strap adjustment buckle.)

- GT

Thanks, Jer. :)
I bought that tie when I was a college freshman in 1969 and the prof teaching Calculus 1 told our class that ties having stripes with positive slope were relatively rare. I went shopping to find such a tie which I also hoped would include some of the excesses of Mod fashion from the Sixties. The tie I posted is what I came up with, and I was quite pleased with its red, white, and blue patriotic paisley, although I'd hoped for more width than I was able find. I've worn that tie for math tests, as student or as instructor, ever since.

IIRC, you posted a photo in some thread recently that had some colorful ties in it, at least one of which was silk. :thumbsup::cool::cool:
(But could the "tie" that seemed most "psychedelic" to me have actually been bib overalls? On closer inspection I thought I saw what looked like a strap adjustment buckle.)

- GT
I prefer silk, but I don't break out in hives or anything if I wear rayon.
W8TaXeU.jpg

Oops, metal:
SN0eQxm.jpg

Last edited:
Back