Photos Metal Monday - Post Your Metal TRADITIONAL Pics

4FkfWgy.jpg

Ugh... this brought back bad memories, I have Schlage wifi locks with a digital touchpad that you can open either with a code punched on the keypad or wirelessly using a smartphone. Unless of course the keypad decides not to work and for some reason the wifi suddenly doesn't work either... which happened... on both entry doors. :mad: My wife and I were locked out at 8 PM on a night when it felt like 10 deg (F) outside and we had a pork roast cooking in the crock pot. :rolleyes: Locksmiths either couldn't come out to our house or wanted to charge $200 pre-pay and be there when they get there. My wife had to go to the bathroom so we went to the local gas station and she came out with a 12 pack of beer... after 8 beers my wife finally had enough of me carefully trying to get in through the patio door and grabbed a chisel, hammer and the saws-all and proceeded to cut out all the wood around the dead bolt in the garage entryway LoL. Long story short... deadbolts are only as strong as the wood that holds them in place :D
These modern conveniences are exhausting, aren't they? I try to keep things as low tech as possible. I'm still a little grumpy that my car has a fob and push button starter instead if a regular key. I just don't see the advantage. More expensive to fix when something goes wrong.

Edit to add knife content: Here's a little painted metal key-chain knife:
WK6TjtI.jpg

Lots of interesting knives in this thread; something about all-metal knives fascinates me. :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

Here are a couple of knives that, unlike most of us, were NOT "born naked", but over the years, they have lost their "clothes" (again, unlike most of us, I hope ;)).
Imperial serpentine jack that I call "the Silver Bullet" (thanks, Dave):
silverbullet.mark.Vstand.arbor.jpg

Imperial Diamond edge clip/pen slender jack (thanks, Mark):
imperial.DE.closed.jpg

- GT

That knife is one of my all-time favorites!!:D
Thanks!
The other day I noticed somebody on the auction site was selling a cardboard store display with several of those and some other models on it.
Here is my entry for today (excuse the teeny bit of plastic on it):
Cool! I don't remember where mine came from, and it has no maker's mark.

That's an interesting knife. I didn't know Okapi made ones like that.

Ugh... this brought back bad memories, I have Schlage wifi locks with a digital touchpad that you can open either with a code punched on the keypad or wirelessly using a smartphone. Unless of course the keypad decides not to work and for some reason the wifi suddenly doesn't work either... which happened... on both entry doors. :mad: My wife and I were locked out at 8 PM on a night when it felt like 10 deg (F) outside and we had a pork roast cooking in the crock pot. :rolleyes: Locksmiths either couldn't come out to our house or wanted to charge $200 pre-pay and be there when they get there. My wife had to go to the bathroom so we went to the local gas station and she came out with a 12 pack of beer... after 8 beers my wife finally had enough of me carefully trying to get in through the patio door and grabbed a chisel, hammer and the saws-all and proceeded to cut out all the wood around the dead bolt in the garage entryway LoL. Long story short... deadbolts are only as strong as the wood that holds them in place :D

That sounds bad :eek: I've only locked myself out 3 times in the past 20 years, but 2 of those occasions were within the last year o_O Friends keep spare keys, but it was a drama :rolleyes:

Remington easy open jack.

View attachment 1497547

Very cool :cool: :thumbsup:

These modern conveniences are exhausting, aren't they? I try to keep things as low tech as possible. I'm still a little grumpy that my car has a fob and push button starter instead if a regular key. I just don't see the advantage. More expensive to fix when something goes wrong.

Edit to add knife content: Here's a little painted metal key-chain knife:
WK6TjtI.jpg

Too right! :thumbsup: A neighbour of mine knocked off a wing mirror backing into his drive the other week. Getting it replaced cost him nearly £800! :eek: :eek: At one time, you'd have just gone down to the scrap-yard with a screwdriver o_O :thumbsup:

Lots of interesting knives in this thread; something about all-metal knives fascinates me. :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

Here are a couple of knives that, unlike most of us, were NOT "born naked", but over the years, they have lost their "clothes" (again, unlike most of us, I hope ;)).
Imperial serpentine jack that I call "the Silver Bullet" (thanks, Dave):
View attachment 1497624

Imperial Diamond edge clip/pen slender jack (thanks, Mark):
View attachment 1497625

- GT

Nice nakies Gary! :D :thumbsup:

I wonder who made this Leatherman-like tool for Hoffritz back in the day? Looks like the ultimate wealthy-man's electricians knife :D

View attachment 1497675

Wow! That's pretty special :cool: :thumbsup:

That's an interesting knife. I didn't know Okapi made ones like that.
It is a discontinued model - I bought it NOS for $6. The liners and spring are fashioned from a single piece of sheet metal folded over (construction nowadays marketed as “integral” and commanding a premium), and the hollow stamped handles are held on by the pivot pin in the front and a couple of rivets in the back.

Their current “fish knife” offering has the more conventional liners and back spring, pot metal bolsters, and screw-on plastic scales - so not appropriate for this thread.

Jack

I have one of those also. Saved my allowance and lunch money, bought one at a five and dime store on the way home from elementary school for about $1 as I recall (or don't :confused:) - long, long time ago.

Rich

Last edited:
Jack

I have one of those also. Saved my allowance and lunch money, bought one at a five and dime store on the way home from elementary school for about $1 as I recall (or don't :confused:) - long, long time ago.

Rich

That's cool you still have it Rich :) :thumbsup:

Back