Microtech Ammends Lawsuit against KAI

So basically he gave his parents some employees and said "go do your own knife business"

I don't know what Guardian tactical is like in terms of honourig their warranties. I do know that they atleast use torx screws which is a good thing in my eyes. Locking your customers out from servicing their knives, even tightening the pivot on most models is just not a good look in my opinion.

(Or you can buy a 30$ tool for each individual bit)

Btw Ammending a lawsuit = cancelling it?

Last edited:
So basically he gave his parents some employees and said "go do your own knife business"

I don't know what Guardian tactical is like in terms of honourig their warranties. I do know that they atleast use torx screws which is a good thing in my eyes. Locking your customers out from servicing their knives, even tightening the pivot on most models is just not a good look in my opinion.

(Or you can buy a 30$ tool for each individual bit)

Btw Ammending a lawsuit = cancelling it?

Apologies, I don't think I explained it well. Andy was the lead engineer at Microtech, he left and took a cnc machinist with him. Andy's parents joined him in the venture, their background is in automotive part manufacturing. What's really cool about Guardian Tactical, is that they build their own shop right off the bat. Dropped about $300k on equipment and went to work. Many new knife companies will use a machine shop, or specialty manufacturing shop, for their first few years before investing in equipment. Good people, great knives.

So they are like a splinter group off of Microtech backed by the splitting member's parents? I'm surprised that Marfione had anything to do with them and didn't see it as them trying to move in on their business.

But back to the original topic. It strikes me that the best way for. Microtech to improve its business and come out ontop of this would be to take the high road. Next they could try respecting their customers abit better. That would do WAY more to help their business than a lawsuit. Kai's actions are not hurting MTs business compared to their own mishandling of this issue and disrespect to their paying customers who deserve better.

What's really cool about Guardian Tactical, is that they build their own shop right off the bat. Dropped about $300k on equipment and went to work. Many new knife companies will use a machine shop, or specialty manufacturing shop, for their first few years before investing in equipment. Good people, great knives.
They sure do like to put a lot of holes and CNC grooves in their blades. :confused:

@Blues Bender ^Knife content.

Judge Dismisses Microtech vs. KAI Lawsuit

In her decision, Judge Barbara J. Rothstein writes that among the email communications “there is no indication that Welk knew, let alone encouraged, Sculimbrene to include [the ‘Natrix’ name, a genus of grass snake] or anything else in his upcoming Article.” Furthermore, she points out that under the law, reposting something another individual wrote is not the same as writing it. “Under the ‘Good Samaritan’ provision of the Communications Decency Act…a ‘provider or [a] user of an interactive computer service’ may not be treated as the ‘publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider.’”​

Reactions: Mo2
Back