Microtech Matrix/ZT0777 Controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm beating a dead horse, but whats your opinion? ZT giving the design credit to one of their workers?

ZT gives the design credit to one of their designers, who goes by jimmer_5 here.

This is all I know... :eek:

WaVoS.png

i think this issue has caused me to swear off MT products for life....and i really LOVED some of their gear

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but whats your opinion? ZT giving the design credit to one of their workers?
Seriously, get a clue. You know you're beating a dead horse yet you still announce it proudly? Why? As Crimson suggested, search the forums and find tour answers. No need to relive this again because you don't want to search for it yourself.

Dunno, maybe i haven't been paying attention or looking in the right places but i haven't seen that much real information on the subject. Mostly just people saying "i'll never buy microtech again" and stuff like that. I want to know how the knife design got out. And what's microtechs official position on this? When i first saw pictures of the ZT I immediately thought it was weird that it looked like a microtech i had seen. Only later did i hear about the controversy and was convinced of foul play by details like the replaceable/adjustable lock face. Sorry if you're all bored with the subject.

I don't understand those screws on the Microtech... ugh.

Reminds me of this atrocity committed by Enlan on the lower knife:

IMG_0552.jpg

I think Enlan are moving into the "Now we're just doing it to expletive you off" range of fasteners.

QFT :D

Dunno, maybe i haven't been paying attention or looking in the right places but i haven't seen that much real information on the subject. Mostly just people saying "i'll never buy microtech again" and stuff like that. I want to know how the knife design got out. And what's microtechs official position on this? When i first saw pictures of the ZT I immediately thought it was weird that it looked like a microtech i had seen. Only later did i hear about the controversy and was convinced of foul play by details like the replaceable/adjustable lock face. Sorry if you're all bored with the subject.

From what I remember MT claimed they worked with Kershaw's designer to collaborate on the knife, the Kershaw designer who is on the boards here, said that wasn't true (why would he collaborate to make the exact same knife with a different company anyway?), info was passed on to Kershaw's legal dept.

I for one, think that this issue should be brought up at least once a month for the next few years, until it's so deeply ingrained in the minds of every single knife lover on every major forum, that just the NAME Microtech implies feelings of contempt.

A custom maker copying a companies designs is frowned on. A major, respected producer doing it is just dang near sacrilege IMHO

I for one, think that this issue should be brought up at least once a month for the next few years, until it's so deeply ingrained in the minds of every single knife lover on every major forum, that just the NAME Microtech implies feelings of contempt.

A custom maker copying a companies designs is frowned on. A major, respected producer doing it is just dang near sacrilege IMHO

While I do think Microtech's actions are unacceptable, the old threads aren't going anywhere. Anyone so inclined to research the topic just has to do a quick search. No need to bring up a topic that's been discussed many, many times prior.

What do I think?

Close this thread, now. Then go search. The topic has been discussed ad nauseum.

Not sure why you'd shut the guy down like that. I mean, this is true of plenty of topics and they seem to thrive and do well on the forums. If folks prefer not to discuss this then they simply won't reply and the thread will die otherwise I don't see why you'd shut the door this hard on him.

I think Microtech needs to re-evaluate their business practices.

Not sure why you'd shut the guy down like that. I mean, this is true of plenty of topics and they seem to thrive and do well on the forums. If folks prefer not to discuss this then they simply won't reply and the thread will die otherwise I don't see why you'd shut the door this hard on him.

I think Microtech needs to re-evaluate their business practices.

My reply had absolutely nothing to do with the subject, it had to do with the sheer number of threads started on the subject. If there were as many threads about tiddlywinks, and that's what he asked about, then I'd have replied the same way. When we have tens of threads on the exact same thing, then there is no need for another. A simple search would answer probably any question about the matter.

Microtech has reevaluated their business, and actually doesn't produce the Matrix anymore. I don't care to say anything about micro tech for or against, that was just an FYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back