mighty morphin' apogee

Cool!!! You and Mark persuaded me to get another Apogee.
mad.gif
wink.gif
I ordered handles similar to yours, but with a few upgrades.
wink.gif
How do you like the smooth bead blasted handles as opposed to the cross-hatched handles, or have you not handled the other? Looks good man, I'm glad you were able to replace the old one...and with a better looking, more modern one at that.
biggrin.gif

-AR

------------------
- AKTI Member ID# A000322

Hi Jackyl,
Thanks! I had a crosshatch handled Apogee while waiting for my new plain lefty. I like the plain one better. Despite having calloused hands, I like the feel of the plain handle. The only giveaway that it's metal is the cold feel of it. Otherwise, it's like kraton without the porous surface. Glad to know that you've ordered one. Please post a picture of your new Apogee when you get it. I'm very curious about the upgrades you mentioned.

-Greg

Hehehe...wish I had a digi. cam, so I could post my pic along with yours and Mark's.
frown.gif
I'll let ya know the details when I get it.
wink.gif

-AR

------------------

Jackyl,
I don't have a digicam myself. I went to the nearest Kinkos and scanned my Apogee.

-Greg

Hey, cool!!! ...and they didn't lock ya up?
wink.gif
Well, I guess I'll go ahead and spill the beans. ...since you twisted my arm and all.
wink.gif

- 3.5" CPM420V cryo'd (beefy, with top grind)

- Smooth handles colored dark blue / purple with gold coloring around lock bar cutout.

- Jeweled and gold anodized inner scales with *DDR 2000* stamped to show through lock bar cutout.

- Maybe no lanyard hole.

- Jeweled and gold anodized Ti. 2 screw clip (over the pivot) with *ARR* stamped on it rather than *DDR*.

- All gold hardware and thumbers.

Well, there ya have it. I can't wait!!! I'll hit a Kinkos when I get it.

-AR

------------------

[This message has been edited by Jackyl (edited 05-10-2000).]

Oh man! Sounds like it's going to be a very nice Apogee, indeed. When you go to Kinkos, try to choose a workstation that's farthest away from curious eyes and ears. Take care not to make loud noises when placing the Apogee in the scanner bed. I scanned two Apogees that night. My new one and another I had for sale. Yea, I was sweatin' the whole time, hoping I wouldn't get caught.
biggrin.gif
. You can always say it's for an art project.

-Greg

Hey man...what's the deal with the two screen names? (None of my business.)

...must be an alter ego.
biggrin.gif

-AR

------------------

Hi Jackyl,
I was posting from work and made a mistake with the profiles.

-Greg

Nice knife. The smooth handles are really catching my eye and are definitely better suited to my tastes. Not quite so artsy, more like a true user. Gotta get me one of those soon (my Apogee fund is s l o w l y growing
wink.gif
!

------------------
It's only a mistake if you fail to learn from it!

A New One, Cool Greg!
smile.gif

Hey Jackyl, glad I could have been of some persuasion! Here's my most persuading pic again for your enjoyment .... mine too!
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

XL Apogee Wallpaper Size

Be sure guys to post pics when you get them, I can never get enough of the Apogee in my blood system .... thankx to DDR!
cool.gif

sign.jpg

------------------
" Knife Collectors Are Sharp People - Most of the time that is! "

Oh, just as another note re: the crosshatch handles: mine are crosshatched, but the crosshatching is smooth. You really don't feel the crosshatching very much when holding or using the Apogee. You would have to actually rub your fingers gently accross the handle to really feel them.
I'm sure though under heavy use (which I haven't done yet) the crosshatching would allow for better grip control. The crosshatching is what I wanted and I love the looks moreso than plain or the other newer style notches like the extreme apogee has.

That is neat how Darrel is doing different patterns now on these knives. Varity for the various users!

For me, the crosshatching makes the Apogee, the Apogee.
smile.gif

Mark

P.S. Jackyl, your specs sound purty! But, no lanyard hole? I was specific with Darrel with my specs too, and the
lanyard hole was one of them! I love
putting those perty lanyard cords on
my knife .... not only does it add to
the looks, it can be used to wrap
around your wrist if working up high or over water, wouldn't want to loose
that puppy! Like having a leash
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Mark W Douglas (edited 05-11-2000).]

I think that the real beauty of the Apogee is the fact that Darrel will work with you so that you get what you want. Crosshatching, no crosshatching, rounded handles, beefier blade belly--->a truly custom folder. So hurry up and get yours
biggrin.gif
so you can share in the great experience of owning one.

-Greg

Originally Posted by grnamin ... I think that the real beauty of the Apogee is the fact that Darrel will work with you so that you get what you want. Crosshatching, no crosshatching, rounded handles, beefier blade belly--->a truly custom folder. So hurry up and get yours
biggrin.gif
so you can share in the great experience of owning one.

-Greg

Man, do we sound like commercials for Darrel Dean Ralph or what?
biggrin.gif

Okay Darrel, when do we get our commission now for these advertizements?
biggrin.gif
Just kidding!
wink.gif

Mark
AKTI Member #A000003

[This message has been edited by Mark W Douglas (edited 05-11-2000).]

Darrel is the best, hands down. BTW, I left the lanyard hole option up to Darrel, because I won't use it, but it may add to the beauty of the Apogee...I think I want it there now.

-AR

------------------

Mark,
At least we adhere to truth in advertising.
smile.gif
. Jackyl, I think the Apogee looks a lot better with the lanyard hole even if you won't use it. The shape itself blends in with the overall look of the handle and compliments it. It's better to have something and not need it than to need something and not have it.

-Greg

Thanks man...I've changed my mind (again.) I'm goin lanyard!!!
wink.gif
...hole that is.

-AR

------------------

Hey Greg, did you hear that? Another one gone lanyard!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
wink.gif
cool.gif

All right Jackyl!

Mark
AKTI Member #A000003

------------------
" Knife Collectors Are Sharp People - Most of the time that is! "

Outstanding, Jackyl! Mark, it seems we've become the lanyard hole police.
biggrin.gif
. The Apogee pictured here looks great. I like it very much, but I wish it had a lanyard hole.

-Greg

[This message has been edited by grnamin (edited 05-11-2000).]

Back