Military

CDA098C7-9691-4597-B64E-2FF058AD4A49.jpeg This Knife is obnoxious and I am loving it. I bought it on a whim off the exchange. Which blades will fit this knife? It fits my hand and pocket perfectly. The fluted Titanium really sets it off. The frame lock is also great.

I have a fluted ti millie too (CQI version). It is definitely the best looking Millie in my collection just because of the fluted ti handle. In hand however it does not feel as comfortable as others that have g10 or cf/ti scales because the fluted ti scales are not chamfered. I believe the handle is also thinner which for some people may not feel as much hand filling as other Military models. All in all, it is still a great knife to have for Military fans.

Beautiful knife. I have the non-fluted TI Millie and like it a lot.
This Knife is obnoxious and I am loving it. I bought it on a whim off the exchange. Which blades will fit this knife? It fits my hand and pocket perfectly. The fluted Titanium really sets it off. The frame lock is also great.
I assume other Millie blades?

Your going to have to look for pre CQI millies. Your stop pin is screwed together, where the newer ones have the floating stop pin. Also the screws that hold the handle together are smaller than the newer ones. Hope that helps.

I really like Ti handles on about any Spyderco model that ever had them. Titanium has much better properties for handles that does stainless or aircraft aluminum IMO.

However with the C-36 Military model I've had better results with EDC carry using G-10 or CF handles. For most practical uses I tend to like G-10 about better than anything else currently available. I've wondered at times what the Military model would be like with one of the vintage Micarta handles? My M390 Military has been my main EDC for over 3 years now and I don't see myself changing anytime soon unless something really special with a new supersteel would come along.

I don't know why my first Military was a Fluted Ti. I was out of knives for 10 years or so. Alot of things changed while I wasn't paying attention.
Needless to say having bought the Fluted Ti spoiled me forever! In fact my brain exploded with concerns of fake Milis' when I got my first G10 off the Bay. I spent a week researching the partial liners to figure out why it felt so different to my Fluted Ti. LOL
I still think it's the best Mili hands down. However with a blade swap. I have two. The first is a BB S90V. The second is a Cruwear swap.

9S5RvPj.jpg

I love the fluted military, but I usually end up carrying the ti/cf with s90v. The weight is pretty close, much lighter than the full non-fluted ti version. Regardless of which blade or handles(even the all g-10 handles)the military is probably the most perfect edc knife in my collection. So much so, I almost always carry 2 of them.
Once I tried the military, most of my spydies (and ZT’s) have ended up staying in a case or drawer.

So your s90v blade has green g-10 handle? I hadn’t thought of it, great idea.
It's all a great idea. However someone else wanted my scales.
I have Fluted Ti S90V and Cruwear. Ti/CF CTS 204P. Jade M4. Digicam S90V partially serrated.

Love them all.

Switching that black M4 into that handle and all the hardware just jooks amazing

I own 4 Militaries, all G10 liner lock versions (one 440V, one S110V and two S30V). It's my all-time favorite 4"-bladed folder, followed by the Police.

My favorite Militaries are my current basic S30V ones. The Military is simply a pleasure to use.

Jim

3E0AE7BD-EF62-481D-8549-160D61522F34.jpeg Well I sold the fluted Ti and regretted it. This came up on the exchange. It was anodized blue, had a stripped screw on the backspacer and lock rock. I completely disassembled it and dipped it Whink. I used a respirated, gloves, eye protection and a jar to put the Whink in for future use. I did it outside for ventilation. I used Flitz to polish parts including the washers. Reassembled and ordered standoffs to replace the backspacer. No lock rock and a centered blade. This one will be my weekend edc along with a Delica.

Back