1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Military

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Colorodo, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Mrgauth

Mrgauth Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2016
    Wish I had gotten a fluted when cheap My favorite too.

amateur blacksmith likes this.
  2. Colorodo

Colorodo Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2014
    2982DF28-773D-4800-A571-9389710CB46A.jpeg Standoffs from MXG just arrived.

Pharmagator likes this.
  3. Colorodo

May 23, 2014
    D922B949-254F-44D4-B334-3576DC6CDBFF.jpeg What a difference in weight when compared to the Millie Ti.

Pharmagator likes this.
  4. sgt1372

sgt1372 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 16, 2018
    Just received a Ti Fluted Military that I bought off the Exchange. It's very nice -- too nice to carry IMO -- but definitely a keeper. :)

BTW, I'm also going to buy a plain Ti as a companion to the Fluted Ti which will join a G10 satin/plain, a G10 DLC/plain and a G10 DLC/partially serrated for a total of 5 Militaries in my collection. I was also thinking about buying a CF/Ti S90V but people seem to be asking too much for that variation; I'll buy one if I can find out for a reasonable price but otherwise the 5 I've got will be all I need.

PS 5/20/17: Also just received a plain Military Ti to pair w/the fluted Ti. Don't ever plan to carry either one. Same applies to the pair of DLC/GL Militiaries that I also one, one plain and one partially serrated. The only Military that I'll carry is the plain satin bladed G10 version, which I am currently carrying now.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
    Pharmagator likes this.
  5. JLeBlanc

JLeBlanc

May 13, 2019
    I have two Military's and boy oh boy do I ever love them! The first one I purchased was the BBS S90V in smurf blue (like the famous Paramilitary), and while it has some minor fit and finish flaws, it is EASILY the sharpest knife I own, like scary sharp. The second one I got (which was quite recently) is the 52100 variant, and it may quite possibly be my favorite piece. I'm a total 52100 fanboy, and I have the PM2 (two in fact) and the Para3, but this Millie just won't stay out of my pocket! Superb action, fine finish, a blade I'd trust my life to... I almost want to frame it and hang it on my wall, but then I wouldn't be able to use it ;)

Pharmagator likes this.
  6. sliceofaloha

sliceofaloha Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 4, 2018
    Although I posted this elsewhere, I want to shamelessly add my blade design here to this wonderful Military conversation.

[​IMG]

Pharmagator and Chalet like this.
  7. Chalet

Chalet Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Oh man that looks awesome.

sliceofaloha likes this.
  8. sliceofaloha

Oct 4, 2018
    You are kind to say that. The design makes me happy. It sparks joy to borrow a phrase. I think I may work with Josh at Razor Edge to make the blade. I think he quoted around 4 and a half bills for a one off blade. I know he does runs of multiples if others want to jump in. I’m not assuming anyone else would want one but thought I’d throw that out there.

I can’t decide if I should do it as hollow or full flat ground as is Spyderco tradition for these. Needs a little more thought. I do like a nice hollow grind. Need to decide on a metal type also. I’m thinking of 204p/20cv/m390.

Posted on the Spydie forum but I’m a noob there and did not catch any reactions on it.

Pharmagator likes this.
  9. Colorodo

May 23, 2014
    Will it have a Spydie hole o the blade?

sliceofaloha likes this.
  10. sliceofaloha

Oct 4, 2018
    ^I would like to have the Spydie hole!

11. 5-by-5

5-by-5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 13, 2016
    It's not a Military!:thumbsdown:

Riz! and sliceofaloha like this.
  12. sliceofaloha

Oct 4, 2018
    If you can’t abide a little mutation you might need to change your mascot ;)

Should I name it the Alien or Xenomorph? Tempting!

13. 5-by-5

Oct 13, 2016
    Xeno:thumbsup:

sliceofaloha likes this.
  14. 5-by-5

Oct 13, 2016
    When they mutated the Endura blade it was renamed Endela.

I think they should have renamed the police 4. It's not a Police. I suggested the Military Police years ago. I guess the final intent was to retire the Police Model. Sad

Grateful and sliceofaloha like this.
  15. Colorodo

May 23, 2014
    E8F0A763-AB6B-4374-816D-886C70DAD455.jpeg I am surprised how light the Millie is in my pocket.

Dadpool, Pharmagator and 5-by-5 like this.