Missing 411 - National Park Disappearances/Missing Persons

Any time I see a podcast with David Paulides on it, I download it. Always entertaining. However, I don't believe in Bigfoot/Sasquatch etc. It's still entertaining to me. If you listen to early podcasts, when Paulides first started his books, he attributed these disappearances to sasquatch. It seems he's changed his tune now. Also, do these people really exist? Books on his website are expensive, I'd like to get one, might get the compendium before the end of the year. Looking at other online sites, they are twice or three times what he charges on his site.

He's hinted at, and many others have, that if sasquatch was acknowledged, they would be immediately endangered, and protected. Supposedly they're all over the western hemisphere, and possibly in the eastern hemisphere. For the USA, the confirmation of their existence would shut down the logging and tourism industry.

Again, I don't believe this theory, but that's Paulides reason as to why the park service won't comply with his FOIA requests. I didn't check to see if they have a national database of missing visitors, but I would think it would behoove them to do that.

If you want to be entertained, and tell ghost stories around the campfire, I would definitely check out his interviews.

BTW, I believe in a county in either Washington or Oregon, it is illegal to kill a sasquatch. This ordnance was passed to prevent people from accidentally shooting a hoaxer :)confused:) but some bigfoot nuts will swear up and down that that is proof of the federal government acknowledging the existence of sasquatch. Be careful looking for podcasts or articles etc, a lot of these people are downright nuts. Teleporting sasquatches, with telepathic powers that knock on trees to mess with us... Entertaining though.

I know someone who believes in teleporting bigfoots. That's why we never catch them! Takes all kinds!

I have never heard Paulides come out and say what he thinks is responsible for the disappearances. Not even a 'Sasquatch'. He has said that he won't openly speculate, because what's happening is happening, and there can be a number of reasons behind this. However, he said that he hasn't discounted anything, either, because nobody really knows.

Jim

I think when you start collecting the data it looks nefarious in nature when it's all put together. But I wonder if it's just the norm. Sure there are some really weird cases that cant be explained. And many others that can be. But does that point to something sinister? Or do we live in a world were bad stuff happens to good people everyday.

That guy confirms he's a nut in the first minute. I guess that's the new excuse for not going outdoors-oh my goodness, we might vanish into thin air:rolleyes:

LOL. And don't forget your guns any time you step past the front door, and for gosh sakes don't even think of going outdoors without someone else there to hold your hand. :rolleyes:

The objective of all this conspiracy stuff is turn us all into a bunch of ninnies afraid of our own shadows? Or just to fulfill the author's attention-craving and sell a few books? :confused:

Again, I don't believe this theory, but that's Paulides reason as to why the park service won't comply with his FOIA requests...

Could it be that missing persons are investigated and conducted by local law enforcement not by National Park Service and National Forest Service employees, and that the US Department of Interior and USDA don't keep records of every law enforcement incident on their lands?

In New Mexico, all search and rescue operations are under the jurisdiction of the New Mexico State Police...

Yeah, I'm a fan of Paulides work. I have all the interviews from C2C on mp3, as well as the free one he did with Howard Hughes on The Unexplained (which is free to download btw). Read several of the books, donated to the upcoming documentary, etc. I find the subject matter pretty fascinating. Think the best interviews he has done were with George Knapp personally.

To reply to some of the above posts, the author never says don't go outside or don't visit National Parks - he simply asks to use common sense about your surroundings and be safe in places where you may not be familiar with the terrain. As for the FOIA requests, the Parks Dept has told him on several occasions that they could pull this data together for an incredible sum of money, but that they don't currently have any hard lists of persons who have gone missing inside the parks as they rely on their rangers to remember those facts.

I personally find it interesting that many of the same characteristics are found throughout missing cases that span several decades. Search dogs that refuse to search, clothes taken off in extreme cold weather, bodies found in extreme remote locations in higher elevations (up a mountain side) by persons who couldn't have possibly traveled there on their own, experienced outdoorsman carrying firearms which were never fired, and other odd things many of the cases share. Add to this that the phenomenon doesn't just happen here in the US, and it becomes even more interesting.

Looking forward to the upcoming documentary.

I think in one of the interviews Paulides may have a small percentage of those who had a firearm when they went missing. Although it is refresging he heavily advocates carrying a firearm when going onto the trails or in the wilderness, adding that in many state parks it is perfectly legal with a state carry license [as well as reciprocity]. That, a PLB (Personal locator beacon - GPS), and a companion, are the top three measures to take, as he puts it (I think, I may have to go back through another of the interviews).

Seriously just take the time to listen to the interviews, even if you remain a skeptic of the disappearances he has sound advice.

A gun, GPS, and a babysitter are necessary to keep people safe in the outdoors?
The top causes of outdoor/wilderness fatalities are heart disease, drowning, and fatal falls. Most other fatalities are weather related - floods, lightning, avalanches, hypothermia, etc.

Having a hiking partner doesn't eliminate the risk of any of these causes, but having a witness does eliminate the mystery. On the other hand some people would have certainly been better off without hiking partners.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_David_Coughlin

BTW, I believe in a county in either Washington or Oregon, it is illegal to kill a sasquatch. This ordnance was passed to prevent people from accidentally shooting a hoaxer :)confused:) but some bigfoot nuts will swear up and down that that is proof of the federal government acknowledging the existence of sasquatch. Be careful looking for podcasts or articles etc, a lot of these people are downright nuts. Teleporting sasquatches, with telepathic powers that knock on trees to mess with us... Entertaining though.

Right here in Skamania County: http://www.skamaniacounty.org/ordinance/Bigfoot Ordinance 69-01.pdf

If there isn't a Big Foot, there are some places around here where there SHOULD be a Big Foot...!

Bigfoot,aliens,serial killers whatever the point is way too many people go missing in the park system and who knows outside of it? These people who go missing are real and it's damn near impossible to get info on them why who knows? I know the parks were using the homeland security act I think it was to keep this info locked away. I don't know what's going on but having worked SAR and as a tracker this is odd and that's all I'm saying. I would carry your gun in the open if you can same with knives and tomahawks! Why because it shows people your not a target or victim. The attacker will most likely move on to someone else cuz the risk is too high! I use smoke grenades and other items to secure my campsite while I sleep along with some vexor cs and pepper gernades. Not much weight and worth the security and saves money on tents since I used to just fire at whatever through the tent! Be smart,be careful,and be prepared and you'll make it home!

Lots of things we don't understand in this world. I'm a skeptic, but I can't really say that people who believe in off the wall things are liars.

In my area we have had several cattle mutilations that will make the hair stand up on the back of your neck. No blood, no tracks, no struggle. Just like the cow dropped in its tracks and then had some of its parts removed with surgical precision. My dad has seen a couple these in person and has had his dogs with him and they get all funny acting and won't go near the animal. We have had the local authorities involved and they are just as confused as anyone else. Who knows?

Conspiracies sell because they are generally interesting.

I was listening to a morning shock jock type radio show and there was a guy being interviewed on there talking how some of the bigger national parks are shut down on either the solstice or equinox. I can't remember which but he said it was because satanic cults were worshipping out there at those times and it wasn't safe. LOL.

I use smoke grenades and other items to secure my campsite while I sleep along with some vexor cs and pepper gernades. Not much weight and worth the security and saves money on tents since I used to just fire at whatever through the tent!

Animals_Cats_Surprised_kitten_024388_.jpg

Conspiracies sell because they are generally interesting.

I was listening to a morning shock jock type radio show and there was a guy being interviewed on there talking how some of the bigger national parks are shut down on either the solstice or equinox. I can't remember which but he said it was because satanic cults were worshipping out there at those times and it wasn't safe. LOL.

Why the "LOL"?
How do you know that's not true?
;)

I heard, on the same station I guess, that Roswell wasn't aliens but Nutzis who were hiding in Argentina and doing long range flying experiments.

How has this not been posted here yet??? :confused:

:D :p

Last edited:
Animals_Cats_Surprised_kitten_024388_.jpg
[/QUOTE

Well looks like I'm gonna get some camping trips in this year so maybe I'll go missing!' But I'll be in NC ,VA(home),PA so maybe I'll see something cool I will be spending some nights on the Cherokee Rez in NC my buddy grew up there and is Cherokee so as long as he is with me I don't think any areas are off limits? So should be fun.

That's not a kitten it's a Mongolian death cat! They draw you in with the cuteness and then BAM! Rip out your jugular and eat your face! Vicious they Are!

Back