Mnandi: My latest Obsession

Desert Hermit, here's the one I purchased recently that's Box Elder:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful!! I love the color on that one.

Jessie, at CRK, indicated that the Box Elder, like yours, was not available but the Box Elder Burl is, so that's what I ordered. I think yours is pretty exceptional.

Currently a four month wait time on the Mnandi, but all Chris Reeve Knives are worth the wait.

Thanks for sharing yours! :)

Burls are exceptionally nice, congrats on that and post pics later on when you have it in hand.

As you know, it was your Mnandi that prompted me to order one of my own.
I'm looking forward to something special but it will have to be exceptional to compare to yours!

What wood is this? Box elder?

Yup, that's a box elder burl. It's the finest looking I've ever come across, in my eyes anyway. I love the uncluttered look of the grain and how the colour transitions from one end of the knife to the other.

Currently a four month wait time on the Mnandi, but all Chris Reeve Knives are worth the wait.

4 months isn't so bad actually, all things considered. I've heard of longer wait times. I might end up ordering one myself. I lost my African Blackwood Mnandi last year and I still haven't replaced it.

I thought I saw an African Blackwood Mnandi offered on one of the dealer sites when I was browsing around looking at Mnandis. I could be mistaken on that, and of course now I can't remember what site I thought it was on. Big help, I am.........:barf:

Lisa, your box elder inlays on that Mnandi are stunning. I love the reds in it.

I just got this today - my first mnandi, and my first chris reeve mammoth bark! I have been waiting for the "right" pattern for me, and when I saw the pattern on this mammoth bark, I just couldn't resist...and the damascus is beautiful, looks like high-contrast and "coated", although it is not labeled that way, but it is different than my sebenza ladder damascus.

IMG_8268.jpg

Congratulations on One Very Beautiful Score. I'll just sit here and admire the texture and colors of your Mnandi if you don't mind, Beeeautiful. Thanks for Sharing.

I just got this today - my first mnandi, and my first chris reeve mammoth bark! I have been waiting for the "right" pattern for me, and when I saw the pattern on this mammoth bark, I just couldn't resist...and the damascus is beautiful, looks like high-contrast and "coated", although it is not labeled that way, but it is different than my sebenza ladder damascus.

IMG_8268.jpg

Here are a few for you, dinokay - somehow an annual sneaked in the picture {they're always trying to get my attention...}

Last edited:
WOW, welcome to the party and Thank You for bringing four lovely ladies with you. Love then all including the party crashing annual but that Zebra, She is Special. Thank You for Sharing, I'll just sit here and flirt a little, man that white mammoth looks good.

Last edited:
Thanks, guys - I appreciate it. In the next few days, I will dig up a few more and post.

SPNKr: yes, it is Mammoth Ivory Bark

Last edited:
Why has Reeve never done a CF Mnandi? I know it's not as dressy as wood, but I bet it sell dang good

Actually change that to micarta like the Seb I think I may just see if I can have that one made

dinokay: I got these out of my safe just for you today. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Dinokay, thanks for the compliment - admire away! What material is that on your mnandi with the zebra damascus? The one that is mostly black with red at the end.

WOW, they're both absolutely stunning. I see I'm not the only one Obsessed with the Mnandi, Thank You for sharing hoodep.

Last edited:
Back